AF Officers service dress coat

Started by Raptormanf35, March 08, 2016, 12:26:04 AM

Raptormanf35

Hey so i was wondering if anyone knows where to get the AF Officers service dress coat for a good price the cheapest i find is on the exchange website for $179.00 but that's still pricey.

Abby.L

Like with many other things, it is possible to find them on ebay, in thrift stores, or the occasional airman's attic(Though this one largely depends on the officer presence on that base). Depending on how much you think you'll be wearing it, you may find it worth buying a new one for $179 if you're going to wear it fairly frequently, or maybe just foregoing the service coat if none of the above suggestions work for you.

That's about all I've got for ya, boss.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Raptormanf35

Thank you, its not required but i would like to be able to go to wing conferences etc and look more professional.

Sapper168

Quote from: Raptormanf35 on March 08, 2016, 12:26:04 AM
Hey so i was wondering if anyone knows where to get the AF Officers service dress coat for a good price the cheapest i find is on the exchange website for $179.00 but that's still pricey.

What size do you need and how fast?   I will be selling mine soon.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Raptormanf35

Size 46 regular, However i am in no hurry so time is not a factor.

Raikkonen

Quote from: Raptormanf35 on March 08, 2016, 12:26:04 AM

Not to mention that if you aren't an actual military officer, they won't allow you to buy it on the website.  When I was enlisted I tried buying all of my CAP officer stuff on the AAFES website and it wouldn't let me because I wasn't "authorized" it.  You will have to go to an actual clothing sales and go through the fiasco of explaining to them what CAP is and show them the regulation and all that fun stuff... Then, they might let you order / buy one.