CAP training program from 1970

Started by USSAlaska, January 17, 2016, 05:10:20 PM

USSAlaska

Hi there! I just registered and was not allowed to post in the Marketplace forum (the rules make sense; no problem there). I recently moved into a new house and found some CAP training modules still in their original shipping box. There are film strips, records to play along with the strips, informational books and workbooks.  I'm happy to give these away to anyone interested, with the request that you cover the shipping. With the records included, all of this is quite weighty.

I'd like to hear from the local experts whether it's worth it to even ship off to someone as a historical piece, or if it's expendable. Thanks checking it out. I'd love to hear the stories behind these modules, if anyone has expertise.

See photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/jb-bot/6S4oA2.

arajca

I suggest contacting your wing historian or the National Historian. IMHO, these are valuable historical pieces.

USSAlaska

Thank you. I am in contact with the National Historian. I'm an amateur historian, or at least I dream to be, so this is of interest to me. I'll poke around a bit and see if I can find anything else of interest.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: USSAlaska on January 18, 2016, 04:46:51 AM
Thank you. I am in contact with the National Historian. I'm an amateur historian, or at least I dream to be, so this is of interest to me. I'll poke around a bit and see if I can find anything else of interest.

You might consider using CAP to help your historian dream become a reality. There are few things quite as fun (for the people that enjoy this type of thing) as digging into squadron and wing histories and discovering some of the interesting/boring/crazy things we used to do.

Raikkonen

Those are some really great pieces!  I always enjoy seeing our history.  Not just in CAP.