BBDU Compared to Coastguard ODU

Started by Brit_in_CAP, December 17, 2015, 02:20:28 PM

Brit_in_CAP

Purely a question for personal interest....

I'm considering purchasing the BBDU as opposed to a new set of BDU.  There's lots of advice on Captalk about what to buy so I won't ask that again but I did think that the BBDU looks very similar to the Coastguard ODU and I was wondering, purely for my own information, if they are the same?

rjfoxx

Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

TheSkyHornet

The Coast Guard ODU is a different uniform than the CAP Corporate Field Uniform. It does not have the lower pockets that the CFU has. I believe the color shades are slightly different as well, but don't quote me on that.

THRAWN

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on December 17, 2015, 03:24:05 PM
The Coast Guard ODU is a different uniform than the CAP Corporate Field Uniform. It does not have the lower pockets that the CFU has. I believe the color shades are slightly different as well, but don't quote me on that.

Different color, different material, different design. But other than that it's the same.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

MIKE

UDC stocks ODUs without the embroidery on the right chest, and trouser pockets for NOAA... doubt you would find them in the wild.

They are 50/50 Nylon/Cotton Ripstop.
Mike Johnston

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: THRAWN on December 17, 2015, 03:29:01 PM

Different color, different material, different design. But other than that it's the same.

Quote from: MIKE on December 17, 2015, 04:27:30 PM
UDC stocks ODUs without the embroidery on the right chest, and trouser pockets for NOAA... doubt you would find them in the wild.

They are 50/50 Nylon/Cotton Ripstop.

Except ODUs aren't authorized for CAP wear...

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: THRAWN on December 17, 2015, 03:29:01 PM

:clap: :clap:

Brit_in_CAP

Thanks, one and all....I have my answer!