L-Tronics still in business?

Started by Angus, September 03, 2015, 01:25:14 PM

Angus

So I was looking to replace my units DF unit and decided to look at the L-Tronics site, but when I go there I get an error message and I've tried from both my desk and my iPhone and I get the same outcome.  I try other links I'm finding to parts of their site and still I get the same error.  So I'm wondering are they still in business?
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

sardak

This same question was asked in late July. Some said they were out of business but others said not. I checked the website then and it was still operating with a message stating that they were not out of business. I just looked, and the Wayback machine has an archive of their website from August 11. There is a phone number and email address on the archived copy.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150811113406/http://www.ltronics.com/

Mike

Storm Chaser

I just called L-Tronics. They're still in business and were unaware their website was down. I asked about L-Pers and they're out-of-stock. They're putting people on a waiting list and don't expect to have them back in stock for another 6 months to a year.

Angus

Cool thanks,  I might give them a call now myself and get my unit on that waiting list.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Capt Thompson

Just talked to them the other day, sending our old unit to them for service.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

jdh

I need to get ours sent it, it won't work under battery power and when hooked up to external power it doesn't get a very good signal.

Capt Thompson

jdh their minimum is $35 plus $10 shipping, so not much. She told me for what I need done it will cost less than the minimum, so they will clean it, change the oil and check the fluids while they have it. Very reasonable for repair work.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

ShotBaker

Storm Chaser

$750, but they're out of stock right now and will be for a while.

Pace

Just get a MK4 sniffer: http://www.rdfantennas.com/

Similar price, and it can't possibly be as terrible as the digital L-per. Plus it's not on back order.
Lt Col, CAP

Storm Chaser

I haven't used the MK4 Sniffer, but I've used the new LL-16 L-Per and is works well. While the LL-16 digital model may not be as popular with experienced users of the old analog LH Series, most new users tend to learn how to use the new model faster and seem to have a higher "find" success rate than with older models. I'm comfortable and like using both.

I've also heard good things about the MK4 Sniffer, and wouldn't mind giving it a try. The price seems more reasonable than the L-Per from L-Tronics, although I don't think the user interface is as useful.