Main Menu

CPPT help

Started by C/Cool, April 15, 2015, 09:36:35 PM

C/Cool

Hey guys,
So I asked my squadron staff about taking the CPPT and they don't know about the new curriculum. Do I need to take it before I turn 18 or do I have six months to complete it?

Thanks a lot
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

dwb

The answers you seek can be found here: http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/cadet_protection/

You can take the Cadet Protection Basic Course when you're 17, and for convenience you should have it completed before you turn 18.

C/Cool

Thanks for that reference.
Quote from: dwb on April 15, 2015, 09:41:39 PM
and for convenience you should have it completed before you turn 18.

Does this mean I can take it after sometime? Because I turn 18 before I will see my squadron staff again to complete the training.

Thanks for all the help!

lordmonar

You can take it when you are  17 but must complete it at 18 or no more promotions.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

coudano

Go ahead and take the web course now,
you can complete the summary conversation next time you see your squadron staff (potentially by phone even, if you live far away or something).

You need to already have the web course done, so that your squadron staff can credit you in e-services for the summary conversation once you actually have it.

C/Cool

Okay, thanks guys! I was just checking to make sure I wouldn't be demoted for not having it done. ::)

That is what I needed to know.

MSG Mac

You have 6 months after turning 18 to complete the course, including the summary conversation.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: C/Cool on April 15, 2015, 09:49:09 PM
Okay, thanks guys! I was just checking to make sure I wouldn't be demoted for not having it done. ::)
Not sure why you think you'd be demoted....
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811