Physical Requirements for Encampment Staff

Started by go4spaatz, February 18, 2015, 03:59:22 PM

go4spaatz

What has been your experience with physical fitness standards for Encampment Staff (cadets)? OHWG this year asks for latest CPFT scores in the online staff application. Do your wings typically have a standard against which all cadet staff are measured?
C/Capt Anand, CAP
OHWG CAC Vice-Chair

"There are an estimated ∞² threads about ABUs on CAPTalk"

PHall

Kinda hard to lead PT if you can't do PT...       
But personnally, I can't think of any "good" reason why they need your CPFT scores unless they don't trust the Squadron Commanders in Ohio Wing.

LSThiker

I do not think it is not because tbey do not trust the squadron comma ders. Othersise, they would require a new CPFT for the application.   I think it is like you said. Hard to lead PT if you cannot do PT. So they might be using it as a criterion for staff selection.  That is they probably want both a good leader and someone that can easily destroy the CPFT as opposed to a good leader that struggles with CPFT. Of course there is the argument that leadership also requires taking care of oneself, but I think I will skip that road.

CadetSnuffy

Kansas Wing does not (yet) require a CPFT for encampment application. All staff (even support staff) were required to participate in PT. Maybe PT is one of those things that is assumed? It's like making all flight sergeants do a drill test for their application, they should already know that stuff.
There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, then that one that has been to the moon.