Main Menu

Help - NCSA Resume

Started by gklokner, February 12, 2015, 08:12:48 PM

gklokner

I apologize for being not so smart about this, but essentially what is happening is my application is not complete. I cannot be slotted until I complete the application. Interviews have already happened and I attended. Under Supplements, it says "Upload Resume." This is required. What does this mean? What do I do? Please help. Thank you

Майор Хаткевич

Offutteer

Since the leadership book has a portion of Chapter 8 dedicated to writing resumes, I'd start with that.

Usually, only staff positions require a resume.  Do you meet the qualifications to be on staff?

gklokner

I did apply for a staff position, though I didn't really realize anything about a resume. That's why I said sorry for not knowing this. For those wondering, I don't really need help writing the resume, I need to know why I need one; I know now it's staff.
That being said: Is there anyway I wouldn't need to write one? Or if I do what do I put on it? I can't complete the application unless I have submitted something. Any help would be appreciated!

Майор Хаткевич

Write up your resume, submit. No reason to try to find a loophole while time is running out.

Eclipse

Quote from: gklokner on February 12, 2015, 09:52:25 PMI don't really need help writing the resume, I need to know why I need one; I know now it's staff.

The staff doesn't know you, and may not have access to eServices to see your CAP history, accomplishments and training.

To judge your writing skills.

To judge your attention to detail and follow-through.

To compare you with other candidates.

The links above have information as well as an example of a resume format you could use.

"That Others May Zoom"

ProdigalJim

Quote from: gklokner on February 12, 2015, 09:52:25 PMIs there anyway I wouldn't need to write one? Or if I do what do I put on it? I can't complete the application unless I have submitted something. Any help would be appreciated!

Cadet, let me gently suggest that if you're asking questions like this, you probably DO need help writing the resume. Ask one of your Leadership Officers or your CDC. I'm sure they'd be happy to help. Take a look at the links posted earlier and then talk with one of those individuals about wormi g through it together. Good Luck!
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...