Wear of NRA marksmanship medal/ badge

Started by Ike317, November 20, 2014, 02:04:59 AM

Ike317

Looking for guidance on the wear of the NRA medals/ badges on cadet blues uniform.....39-1 authorizes it but I cannot find anything as to the proper wear and placement on the uniform.  Thanks in advance for assitance. :)

10.6. NRA Marksmanship Badge. Cadets may wear one marksmanship qualification medal/badge earned by completing the requirements of the NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program. Documentation in the cadet's personnel record which documents program requirement completion in accordance with published NRA guidelines is authority for wear

lordmonar

you are right....it got left out of the table.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The Infamous Meerkat

It's weird to but a rifle badge here, but what I find is:

"4.1.9.4.2.2 CAP Service, Specialty Track Badges, Model Rocketry and NRA Marksmanship Badges.....Model Rocketry and NRA Marksmanship Badges will only be worn by Cadets.....The first badge will be centered on the lower portion of the wearer's left pocket, between the left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket."

There's more, which makes it sound even more complicated, but the idea I get is that they are to be worn below the pocket flap as a specialty track badge would be...
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC

LSThiker

Quote from: Ike317 on November 20, 2014, 02:04:59 AM
Looking for guidance on the wear of the NRA medals/ badges on cadet blues uniform.....39-1 authorizes it but I cannot find anything as to the proper wear and placement on the uniform.  Thanks in advance for assitance. :)

Try looking at 4.1.5.4.4.2., 4.1.6.4.4.2., 4.1.7.4.4.2, 4.1.8.4.4.2, 4.1.9.4.2.2, or 4.1.10.4.3.2.

The Infamous Meerkat

Quote from: LSThiker on November 20, 2014, 03:55:50 AM

Try looking at 4.1.5.4.4.2., 4.1.6.4.4.2., 4.1.7.4.4.2, 4.1.8.4.4.2, 4.1.9.4.2.2, or 4.1.10.4.3.2.

Indeed...
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC

Ike317

exactly, it wasn't in the table... I thank you all for your quick assistance in referring me to 4.1.9.4.2.2    I believe that is likely the best location to look for guidance on the matter

I just rejoined as a senior and so much has changed since 1997 lol

LSThiker

Quote from: Ike317 on November 20, 2014, 07:40:03 PM
exactly, it wasn't in the table... I thank you all for your quick assistance in referring me to 4.1.9.4.2.2    I believe that is likely the best location to look for guidance on the matter

I just rejoined as a senior and so much has changed since 1997 lol

If you joined as a senior member, then you are not authorized the wear of the NRA badge. 

Also, read each of those sections.  It tells you exactly where the badge goes for the blues shirt, "new" style service coat, and "old" style service coat for both males and females.  The guidance is rather clear in this case. 

Ike317

I know, thank you. It's for my son, who is a cadet. That's why in my original post I said it was for a cadet uniform.