Cadet Uniform Program

Started by MDPeeler, August 12, 2014, 05:05:17 PM

MDPeeler

My daughter just joined as a cadet and we are trying to figure out what is included in the initial setup when she signs up for the Cadet Uniform Program once she has her CAPID number. We are hoping to get the remainder of the items from other sources so that she can have a complete set. Can someone provide a list of what is generally included in the Program?

Luis R. Ramos

Shoes, Blues blouse, Blues slacks, Blues hat.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/new_cadet_help/cadet_uniforms.cfm

"INSIGNIA & ACCOUTERMENTS.  Through this program, cadets receive a flight cap, shirt or blouse, trousers or skirt, and a belt. To complete the uniform, cadets will need to obtain shoes, black socks or hose, and insignia (metal CAP cutouts, blue 3-line nametag, and enlisted cadet flight cap device) on their own."

"That Others May Zoom"

MDPeeler

Thank you both. My wife and I are also joining the squadron...wish that there were a similar program for Seniors!

Panache

While it's not guaranteed, there is a possibility that your squadron may (emphasis: may) have BDUs that your daughter may fit into.  Ask the Squadron's Deputy Commander of Cadets (a Senior Member) if this is the case.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on August 12, 2014, 05:11:23 PM
http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/new_cadet_help/cadet_uniforms.cfm

"INSIGNIA & ACCOUTERMENTS.  Through this program, cadets receive a flight cap, shirt or blouse, trousers or skirt, and a belt. To complete the uniform, cadets will need to obtain shoes, black socks or hose, and insignia (metal CAP cutouts, blue 3-line nametag, and enlisted cadet flight cap device) on their own."

FTFY.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

NC Hokie

Quote from: MDPeeler on August 12, 2014, 05:39:05 PM
Thank you both. My wife and I are also joining the squadron...wish that there were a similar program for Seniors!

Ask your squadron leadership.  I personally have no problem issuing used stock to senior members as long as my cadets are taken care of first, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only commander with that attitude.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

MajorM

BUT, be aware that it can take quite some time for that uniform to arrive.  My unit orders them for all of our cadets on their behalf and it is typically 2-3 months before it shows up.

We had eight new cadets join mid-June and all of their uniforms were immediately ordered.  90% of them showed up last week and the last showed up today. 

They only send them out in batches so the timing can depend on when they hit the magic processing number.