Main Menu

Getting gear

Started by LegoXman7, July 12, 2014, 11:14:10 PM

LegoXman7

Hello,
I am planning on going to winter encampment, and I was wondering if there is a specific Camelbak that I need, or if it just has to be at least X amount of water? I found a black 100oz pouch for $38 and a tan 100oz for $28, and I was wondering if one of these would be okay. I was also wondering If there is anything I should know about encampment?(that I should get there early, that it is t what I'm expecting, etc) AND I was ALSO wondering if my old weather BDU jacket would substitute for the "gortex jacket"?
Thanks,
C/AB Jay Nulph, jr
FLWG composite squadron.
(Also, is that /\ correct?)
C/MSgt JAY NULPH, Jr, CAP
Fl-116 Cadet First Sergeant

Garibaldi

This really is a question for your leadership to answer. However, either Camelback will be sufficient. You are able to wear either the BDU coat or the Gore-Tex parka, but the BDU coat must have all the patches, like name, Civil Air Patrol tape, wing patch (if mandatory), and grade insignia.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

LegoXman7

Quote from: Garibaldi on July 12, 2014, 11:22:28 PM
This really is a question for your leadership to answer. However, either Camelback will be sufficient. You are able to wear either the BDU coat or the Gore-Tex parka, but the BDU coat must have all the patches, like name, Civil Air Patrol tape, wing patch (if mandatory), and grade insignia.
Ok, thanks!

Storm Chaser

Any hydration system (e.g. CamelBak) will work, although black is preferable to tan. That said, I wouldn't spend that much money on one for your first encampment. You may be able to find better deals online or at a local military surplus store.

In Florida Wing (FLWG), the wing patch is not mandatory, so if you wear a field jacket you only need your name tape, Civil Air Patrol tape and metal grade insignia.

You can find more information about the FLWG Winter Encampment here: http://www.flcadet.com/activities/winter-encampment.aspx

Finally, FLWG is the abbreviation for Florida Wing. Assuming that your correct unit charter number if SER-FL-116, then the name of your unit is Seminole Composite Squadron.

LegoXman7

Quote from: Storm Chaser on July 12, 2014, 11:37:02 PM
Any hydration system (e.g. CamelBak) will work, although black is preferable to tan. That said, I wouldn't spend that much money on one for your first encampment. You may be able to find better deals online or at a local military surplus store.

In Florida Wing (FLWG), the wing patch is not mandatory, so if you wear a field jacket you only need your name tape, Civil Air Patrol tape and metal grade insignia.

You can find more information about the FLWG Winter Encampment here: http://www.flcadet.com/activities/winter-encampment.aspx

Finally, FLWG is the abbreviation for Florida Wing. Assuming that your correct unit charter number if SER-FL-116, then the name of your unit is Seminole Composite Squadron.
Yes, I didn't know of I should put Seminole, but I will do that. Thanks for the info!