Is it him? Sure looks like it..

Started by a2capt, June 03, 2014, 04:55:56 AM

a2capt

Caught a glimpse of an episode of I (Almost) Got Away With It.. S6 E01

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I_(Almost)_Got_Away_With_It_episodes#Season_6

..and I hear the narrator say: "Florida Department of Law Enforcement agent Tony Pineda is assigned the case"

This episode first aired in 06-2013.. the hair is a little more gray. ;-)

spaatzmom

I do believe you are correct.  It is the right area of Florida and he is/was a LEO.

Panache

Angus

Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Garibaldi

Not sure I get this. Someone PM me with details!
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

THRAWN

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 03, 2014, 02:10:39 PM

It's Tony Pineda, former national commander. He's a FDLE police, and some true crime show is looking at one of his former cases.

Meh, so what....this reminds me of couples tha tbreak up and then still monitor each other on Facebook...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Garibaldi

Quote from: THRAWN on June 03, 2014, 02:15:38 PM

It's Tony Pineda, former national commander. He's a FDLE police, and some true crime show is looking at one of his former cases.

Meh, so what....this reminds me of couples tha tbreak up and then still monitor each other on Facebook...

I guess what I didn't get is the whole HHSNBN/Voldemort reference. I thought that was someone else?

THRAWN

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 03, 2014, 02:38:47 PM

I guess what I didn't get is the whole HHSNBN/Voldemort reference. I thought that was someone else?

Nope, that's him. Apparently he's evil incarnate.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

FW

Tony is a retired FL.B.I. officer who is now a successful real estate broker.  CAP is a distant memory for him and his family.  His tenure in CAP should be a distant memory for us as well, however... ::)

AlphaSigOU

His tenure was like a bad dream for many CAPers.... it never happened! :D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Garibaldi

Must have happened during my 6 year absence. I don't remember this guy.

Eclipse

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 03, 2014, 03:20:38 PM

Consider yourself lucky.

Was HEADCAP from Jul 2005-Oct 2007, eventually demoted to SM and terminated from CAP.
Many wings and regions, not to mention the organization as a whole, are still suffering
from personnel and policy changes he implemented.

It was a very busy time for the MARB.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

I actually met him once; of course, this was before he showed his true colours.

However, he did come up with one outstanding idea - the Corporate Service Uniform - but he made a hash out of the way it was introduced.

Is he still in Law Enforcement?  After what he did in CAP I would find it extremely difficult to give him any credibility as a police officer...
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on June 03, 2014, 04:27:21 PM
Is he still in Law Enforcement?
He retired around the same time he was terminated from CAP.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

I'd have to wonder if the unethical BS he pulled in CAP .. could possibly reflect on his cases ...

NC Hokie

Am I the only one that finds the name of the show he is on rather ironic in light of how his CAP career ended?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

a2capt

Well, yes, there is that... Except yeah, he did get away with a lot, too.
Certainly not the only CC to ever get away with shenanigans .. ;)

Chappie

Quote from: Eclipse on June 03, 2014, 04:03:04 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on June 03, 2014, 03:20:38 PM

Consider yourself lucky.

Was HEADCAP from Jul 2005-Oct 2007, eventually demoted to SM and terminated from CAP.
Many wings and regions, not to mention the organization as a whole, are still suffering
from personnel and policy changes he implemented.

It was a very busy time for the MARB.

I was going to let my membership expire and not renew at the end of 2006 due to dilemma I found myself in.  There were several issues that were of concern (won't go into them but some you just live with and move along).  However, the primary concern that I kept dealing with was: "How could I as a Chaplain teach and exhort our cadets to practice the CAP Core Values when the National Commander was violating them left and right?"  As my dear late grandma used to describe some individuals: "He's so crooked that when he dies, they will just dampen the ground and screw him in."  Fortunately, a good friend -- who had been a member for a lot longer than I -- and I had a long, frank discussion about this.  He shared about the nature of CAP being a dynamic organization and not a static display and how it could change at a moment's notice. Reluctantly,  I renewed my membership my membership and continued to watch things go from bad to worse --- but there is a God!!!  Or make that a BOG -- who delivered a great smack down.  Had I left the organization back then, I would have missed several outstanding opportunities that have since come my way to serve this organization.    Eclipse is right in that we are still affected by some of the decisions/events that occurred during this time period.  But we are in far better shape as an organization than that which we were in 2007.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

RRLE

The US Ranger Corps Inc. is an active non-profit corporation in Florida but the web site on go daddy no longer exists. I didn't check the 501(c) status.

Garibaldi

After carefully scouring the interwebs, and finding all I ever wanted to know about this, I have to say, maybe there was something in the air. The reason I took 6 years off, from 06 to 12, was I had an archnemesis in my unit who no one could stand. I've told the story on different threads, but the gist is that she basically ran me out of my job as DCC and tried to turn the unit into mother-daughter happy fun time. Spaatz at age 14 or 15. Promoted every 2 months, while mom had access to testing materials. Anyway, long story short, her career ended when she tried to sue our 70-something CC for sexual harassment. You can imagine how far that went. I made the decision to leave and come back when the dust settled. So did a lot of others, who came back when they heard I came back, figuring things were safe. It was, for a time.

I fail to understand how people can be so...whatever. Deny deny deny. I read the CAPTalk threads from back then, and I'm amazed the accuser even was allowed to stay in as long as he did.

Oh well. There are bound to be a few weirdos in any organization, and if you can't spot him/her, chances are it's YOU.