Main Menu

Rocketry Badge

Started by blackbrandt, May 18, 2014, 11:50:41 AM

blackbrandt

Do cadets have to complete all 5 of the rocketry modules or just the first 3 to wear the rocketry badge?
C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!

DoubleSecret

Rather than spoon feed you the answer, Staff Sergeant, I'll answer with a question.

What does the regulation say?

Гугл переводчик

You only need to pass the first 3 modules and tests, then you are authorized to wear the badge. The 4th and 5th modules are just advanced courses.
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

Garibaldi

Quote from: DoubleSecret on May 18, 2014, 02:39:13 PM
Rather than spoon feed you the answer, Staff Sergeant, I'll answer with a question.

What does the regulation say?

That only works if everyone is on board...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Luis R. Ramos

Cadet Rosinski-

You wasted a good training exercise.

When anyone posts a question in here, it is best to teach them  how / where to get the answer instead of just answer the question. As in Give a person food, (s)he will be able to eat once, teach a person to fish, (s)he will have food to the end of his life.

In other words, do like Double did...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Garibaldi

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on May 18, 2014, 06:03:35 PM
Cadet Rosinski-

When anyone posts a question in here, it is best to teach them  how / where to get the answer instead of just answer the question. As in Give a person food, (s)he will be able to eat once, teach a person to fish, (s)he will have food to the end of his life.

Ferengi Rule of Acquistion # 208: Give someone a fish, you feed him for one day.  Teach him how to fish, and you lose a steady customer.

Ed Bos

Are we doing fun proverbs now?

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

Panzerbjorn

Matt,

Your first step beyond looking in the regs could probably have been to come ask your AE Officer, which is me.

But I still applaud your enthusiasm to get talking here on CAPTalk, and get the perspectives of those from other Wings.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

arajca

Quote from: Panzerbjorn on May 19, 2014, 01:22:24 PM
Matt,

Your first step beyond looking in the regs could probably have been to come ask your AE Officer, which is me.

Duh!D'oh!

Panzerbjorn

Quote from: arajca on May 19, 2014, 01:44:54 PM

Duh!

See, here's the problem.  You have a cadet that is unfamiliar with the fact that CAPTalk is filled with cadets and seniors who live for the opportunity to prove that they know everything and try to make others feel stupid for not knowing as much as they do.  Like I said before, I applaud him for coming here and asking questions.  He just needs to understand that you come here after you can't find your answer in the regs or in your own unit.  Otherwise, you chance swimming with piranhas.

Don't make the mistake in thinking that just because I chided one of my own cadets that I won't defend him into the ground from those outside our unit.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

Shuman 14

Quote from: Garibaldi on May 18, 2014, 06:19:38 PM
Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on May 18, 2014, 06:03:35 PM
Cadet Rosinski-

Ferengi Rule of Acquistion # 208: Give someone a fish, you feed him for one day.  Teach him how to fish, and you lose a steady customer.

Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Garibaldi

Matt,

Duh!

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you meant "d'oh!" as opposed to "duh".

arajca

Quote from: Garibaldi on May 19, 2014, 06:17:18 PM
Matt,

Duh!

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you meant "d'oh!" as opposed to "duh".
You're right. My apologies

Garibaldi

Quote from: arajca on May 19, 2014, 06:22:23 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on May 19, 2014, 06:17:18 PM
Matt,

Duh!

You're right. My apologies

No worries. At least on my end.

Panzerbjorn

I'm cool on this end.  I'm sure you understand why I reacted the way I did.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

Offutteer

Matt,

But I still applaud your enthusiasm to get talking here on CAPTalk, and get the perspectives of those from other Wings.

Panzerbjorn,

Don't forget out .  AE's Stem Kit Give-away! 

Maybe your enthusiast cadet can get others excited to complete the program as well.

Panzerbjorn

Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on May 18, 2014, 02:58:59 PM
You only need to pass the first 3 modules and tests, then you are authorized to wear the badge. The 4th and 5th modules are just advanced courses.

Just wanted give a shout out to you, Samuel, as a member of the Boise Composite Squadron.  That was my first squadron almost ten years ago!
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

raivo

Quote from: Panzerbjorn on May 19, 2014, 01:59:38 PMHe just needs to understand that you come here after you can't find your answer in the regs or in your own unit.

... which, unfortunately, still doesn't stop people from answering in the way you described previously.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

blackbrandt

Quote from: Offutteer on May 19, 2014, 07:15:43 PM
Matt,

Panzerbjorn,

Don't forget out .  AE's Stem Kit Give-away! 

Maybe your enthusiast cadet can get others excited to complete the program as well.

Yeah, except for one thing.  That link gives me an error.  :)
C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!