Main Menu

Appropriate Wear

Started by twofivexray, April 20, 2014, 02:43:29 AM

twofivexray

I will be attending a friend's funeral at Arlington Cemetery.

Is it appropriate to wear a uniform there?

It is not official CAP business, he was retired Navy, not CAP. However, 39-1 seems to imply that visiting a Military Installation or attending social functions, one is authorized to wear the Service Uniform.

So I believe it is authorized, my question is, as a gesture of respect to the deceased and his service, is it out of line or correct?

Roger W. Bass, 1st Lt, CAP
Easton Composite Squadron, MD-079
Civil Air Patrol, U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

a2capt

#1 - Ask your commander.
#2 - Is it a CAP activity? (stretch of a question)

Is CAP related to anything he has done, would have been involved in, does CAP need to be represented?
Do you want to spend the time answering "what uniform is that?" and perhaps take away from the focus of why you all are there?

The14th

If you were ever Prior Service, it would be more appropriate to wear that dress uniform. If not, then I think it'd be more respectful to just wear a suit and not your CAP uniform.

It's a funeral for member of the Federal Military, not a Civilian Auxiliary.

Like the poster above me stated, you might have unnecessary instances of having to explain yourself to others at a time that would be entirely inappropriate.

PHall

Like a2capt said above, first thing you have to do is ask your Squadron Commander since they have to approve you wearing your CAP uniform at a non CAP event.