Centering the Cap Device

Started by AZWGCAPEastTucsonCadet, March 29, 2014, 09:53:52 PM

AZWGCAPEastTucsonCadet

:-\ :-\ How do I center the Cadet CAP device? :-\ :-\

abdsp51

Have you consulted the manual or asked someone at your unit for help?

Huey Driver

Read the furnished material, either CAPM 39-1 or the New Cadet Guide's diagrams. Better yet, ask someone at your unit.

QuoteCAPM 39-1, Figure 2-27

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

AZWGCAPEastTucsonCadet

Thanks for the help, I am not perfect at centering and my friend wanted help, so I came here 4 help.

Storm Chaser

Use a ruler. You'll be surprised how well it works. ;)

a2capt

Take a piece of paper as wide as the flat spot on the cover. Fold it in half, that gives you the "halfway" point. Make a line 1.5 inches in, parallel from the edge. Put paper on cover, pin the thing on. When you like the way it looks, rip the paper out.

It's centered, and where it's supposed to be.

pierson777

A common mistake is to center the cap device between the top of the cap and the bottom of the cap.  It should be 1 1/2" from the front edge, and then centered between the braid and the bottom of the cap.  The braid makes a curving line as it stretches from from the front to back of cap.  Therefore, the centered placement is dependent upon where the device sits when properly placed 1 1/2" from the front edge.

As a side note, the braid is blue for all cadets and senior member NCOs, silver and blue cross hex for senior officers (FO - Col), and solild silver for General grade officers. 

Funny story:  A newly commissioned 2d Lt from my ROTC Detachment accidently bought the General style cap.  Our commander was a Lt Col and he saw the 2d Lt with the general style cap. He quickly snapped to attention and saluted the 2d Lt and said, "Congratulations, Sir".  Which of course was followed by some Q&A by all of the nearby bystanders.  The Lt Col explained the differences in the caps, we all had a good laugh, and a new cap was purchased.

a2capt

For clarity, yes, I meant below the braid. Long weekend of cadet activities.. :)

JK657

I make a motion that screen names cannot be more than 10 characters long... Do I have a second?

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Angus

Quote from: jeders on March 31, 2014, 04:30:51 PM

The Gentleman from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Concurs. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Private Investigator