Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2018, 12:20:38 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: US hiring Air Interdiction Agents
Pages: [1] 2  All Print
Author Topic: US hiring Air Interdiction Agents  (Read 4773 times)
AirDX
Seasoned Member

Unit: PCR-WI-049

« on: January 01, 2014, 06:00:48 PM »

CBP is looking to hire Air Interdiction Agents.

See the announcement at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/356632000.  More details at: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/customs_careers/air_marine/

This announcement closing date has been extended to Tuesday,  January 21, 2014 or on the day that 1,200 eligible applications are received, whichever comes first.*

Due to the extensive pre-employment screening process, we are actively recruiting to fill future Air Interdiction Agent vacancies within OAM. If you are interested in a career with CBP as an Air Interdiction Agent, we encourage you to apply to this announcement.

Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.
BHartman007
Forum Regular

Unit: SWR-TX-098

Ellington Composite Squadron
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »

After reading all that, I still have no idea what they do :o I'm out of a job, too...

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets
Spaceman3750
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:02:10 PM »

After reading all that, I still have no idea what they do :o I'm out of a job, too...

They fly CBP helicopters to support field operations. Pursuing fugitives from the air, transporting agents to remote locations, etc.
The moment any commander or staff member considers themselves a gatekeeper, instead of a facilitator, they have failed at their job.
I can't fix all of CAP's problems, but I can lead from the bottom by building my squadron as a center of excellence to serve as an example of what every unit can be.
BHartman007
Forum Regular

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 07:08:04 PM »

They fly CBP helicopters to support field operations. Pursuing fugitives from the air, transporting agents to remote locations, etc.

Hmm. Do you think they'll care that I can't fly a chopper? ;)

Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 07:15:51 PM »

File a complaint that they are "discriminating against non-pilots" and you'll probably get hired.

AirDX
Seasoned Member

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 07:32:11 PM »

They fly both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft, and hire pilots accordingly.  According to the brochure on the web site, during 2009-2011 they conducted new-hire evaluations with about 43 fixed-wing pilots, 21 rotary-wing pilots, and 32 dual-rated pilots.   

Spaceman3750

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 07:36:48 PM »

They fly both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft, and hire pilots accordingly.  According to the brochure on the web site, during 2009-2011 they conducted new-hire evaluations with about 43 fixed-wing pilots, 21 rotary-wing pilots, and 32 dual-rated pilots.   

I guess I didn't know they had fixed wing.
The moment any commander or staff member considers themselves a gatekeeper, instead of a facilitator, they have failed at their job.
I can't fix all of CAP's problems, but I can lead from the bottom by building my squadron as a center of excellence to serve as an example of what every unit can be.
AirDX
Seasoned Member

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 07:40:31 PM »

Oops, just read this fine print on this announcement:

This announcement is to fill Aircraft (Dual Rating) and Rotorcraft Helicopter positions only.

AirDX
Seasoned Member

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 07:42:20 PM »

I guess I didn't know they had fixed wing.

They have about a dozen different fixed-wing types from C-182s to Citations to P-3s.

Mustang

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 01:44:25 AM »

Must be under age 40 when hired.  Only the government is permitted to engage in age discrimination.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Flying Pig

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 02:08:51 AM »

You have to have prior sworn LE experience to qualify for this particular recruitment and be dual rated OR an instrument rated helicopter pilot.  So if you are "just" an airplane pilot, it don't cut it :'(….  Oh…. looky here… .I meet all three  >:D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:19:45 AM by Flying Pig » Logged
BHartman007
Forum Regular

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 02:19:33 AM »

You have to have prior sworn LE experience to qualify for this particular recruitment and be dual rated OR an instrument rated helicopter pilot.

I'm a solo rated student pilot, I've been on several ride alongs, I can play an instrument and I have an RC helo. Sign me up.

Flying Pig

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 02:20:12 AM »

I think you are in.  Where there is a will there is a waiver ;D
PHall

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 02:21:54 AM »

You have to have prior sworn LE experience to qualify for this particular recruitment and be dual rated OR an instrument rated helicopter pilot.  So if you are "just" an airplane pilot, it don't cut it :'(….  Oh…. looky here… .I meet all three  >:D

Now, can you get them to pay for your relocation expenses? >:D
BHartman007
Forum Regular

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 02:24:53 AM »

Oh…. looky here… .I meet all three  >:D

Must be under age 40 when hired.

But do you meet all 4?

Flying Pig

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »

Yeah that too
PHall

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »

Rob, here's your real challenge.

Get them to hire you, assign you to the Riverside Air Unit and get them to pay your relocation expenses! >:D
Flying Pig

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »

The deadline was Jan 2 and was extended 3 weeks.  Interesting…….
BHartman007
Forum Regular

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 05:17:16 PM »

The deadline was Jan 2 and was extended 3 weeks.  Interesting…….

They're waiting for you.

Flying Pig

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »

They need to close that thing up and get this ball rolling!
Pages: [1] 2  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: US hiring Air Interdiction Agents