Main Menu

LDC or RCLS

Started by Pulsar, December 04, 2013, 09:08:29 PM

Pulsar

Does anyone know the rank requirements for PAWG's Leadership Development Course? I am a 2d LT, should I get RCLS over with now that it's in PAWG or should I attend LDC?  :-\
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

MIKE

As a C/2d Lt, you should be eligible for RCLS.  You would need either RCLS or COS for C/Lt Col.
Mike Johnston

MSG Mac

Go to the RSC that's a requirement for Cadet Lieutenant Colonel. LDC isn't.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Nearly Dark Side

It all depends on what you want to do in the future, if front line supervision is your thing then LDC is more beneficial, RCLS on the other hand is, or my understanding of it is, more geared towards management of Squadrons. In previous years RCLS in PA was a lot like LDC but since the introduction of LDC, and other schools nationwide similar to it, RCLS has changed the curriculum a bit. But like I said, what do you want to do in CAP?

MSG Mac

Another option is to go to LDC and then go to COS.

Your life-your decision

P.S. Are you a C/2LT or a C/CMSgt? Your name says one thing, your signature line says another.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Nearly Dark Side

My apologies I had forgotten to change the signature line when I was promoted, only my username. Thank you for pointing it out.

a2capt

..thats why choosing a nick for the forum with a grade in it..
Oh, wait.

Pulsar

Quote from: MSG Mac on December 05, 2013, 06:32:39 PM
Another option is to go to LDC and then go to COS.

Actually, yeah, I never thought of that. I guess I should talk about it more with my parents. One thing though, I don't really feel like being micromanaged and holler'd at again. But then, the other side of my almost split personality would love it.   8)
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.