Got my butter bars tonight.

Started by BHartman007, November 26, 2013, 06:19:06 AM

LSThiker

Quote from: bosshawk on February 26, 2014, 03:24:11 AM
Don't know about you, but I would think that a Gill Robb Wilson award might rate a personal award ceremony.  Sorry, I forgot that I am from the old school where awards meant something.

I am also no longer in CAP.

Some of us like it that way.  I did not really want to stand up for the SM PD awards.  I did not stand for my presentation of the meritorious service medal (Army).  I do not like having that kind of attention.  Which is weird because I do not mind standing in front of a formation.  The only one I was happy to stand up for was the Spaatz.  I think that was because I was the first to receive it in 5 years for my Wing.  However, there was no elaborate ceremony.  Only a former Spaatz cadet promoting me, my parents, and a 3 other members. 

However, that should not be the standard and only agreed upon by the person receiving the award.

BHartman007

Quote from: EMT-83 on February 26, 2014, 03:26:40 AM
Quote from: BHartman007 on February 26, 2014, 02:06:39 AM
Quote from: bosshawk on February 26, 2014, 02:02:05 AM
Not too many years ago, I got my certificates for Levels Two, Three, Four and Five in the mail from CAWG, along with the awards that went with the certificates.  Really personal touch????

Heck, if I want certs and awards, I have to print them out myself.

Each Wing was supplied with the appropriate printer for certificates and awards. The source has changed, not the process.

Do you have to request those things?

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

disamuel

Congratulations, on the promotion!! Keep up the great work.

Private Investigator

Quote from: a2capt on November 26, 2013, 06:37:50 AM

Just four more until the "top" .. unless you've got Wing CC in your future ..
Oh, and about 9.5 more years.

I look at things differently. Instead of a checklist to make Lt Col maybe our officers should be the best possible 2nd Lt before 1st Lt, then Capt, Maj and then Lt Col. If it takes 20 years to make Lt Col, so be it.

Too many people join and expect Lt Col in 10 years and really have no knowledge of the whole CAP. 

MSG Mac

Quote from: BHartman007 on February 26, 2014, 05:10:51 AM
Quote from: EMT-83 on February 26, 2014, 03:26:40 AM
Quote from: BHartman007 on February 26, 2014, 02:06:39 AM
Quote from: bosshawk on February 26, 2014, 02:02:05 AM
Not too many years ago, I got my certificates for Levels Two, Three, Four and Five in the mail from CAWG, along with the awards that went with the certificates.  Really personal touch????

Heck, if I want certs and awards, I have to print them out myself.

Each Wing was supplied with the appropriate printer for certificates and awards. The source has changed, not the process.

Do you have to request those things?

The certificates are in e-services. If you are authorized to award them they will be available to you .
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

rugger1869

Congrats! I've been in over a year and still waiting on mine.

SarDragon

Quote from: rugger1869 on February 28, 2014, 10:58:12 PM
Congrats! I've been in over a year and still waiting on mine.

Your location presents its own issues. Your commander needs to directly contact NHQ and tell them the problem.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret