Got my butter bars tonight.

Started by BHartman007, November 26, 2013, 06:19:06 AM

BHartman007

I finally got my first promotion ;D I know it means little, but it feels good anyway.

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

a2capt

Too bad you didn't have it Friday ..
You looked a little bare .. ;)

Just four more until the "top" .. unless you've got Wing CC in your future ..
Oh, and about 9.5 more years.

Congratulations.

Garibaldi

Quote from: BHartman007 on November 26, 2013, 06:19:06 AM
I finally got my first promotion ;D I know it means little, but it feels good anyway.

We have a saying...just another 0 on the ol' paycheck. Congratulations! It means a lot, going from a SMWOG to an actual officer.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

MacGruff

Quote from: BHartman007 on November 26, 2013, 06:19:06 AM

Congrats!

From one 2nd looie to another!

[My ribbon rack is shorter!!!   >:D]

Eclipse

Congrats, first step on a long and hopefully rewarding journey.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

Congratulations! It won't be long before you're catching up to the rest of us. ;)

winterg

Congratulations on your first promotion.  Wear it with pride.   :clap:

BHartman007

Col. Diaz,
I was hoping it would go through before the class so I didn't look AS green  ;) On the other hand, it's kind of a point of pride that I got all the way through CLC before the first bar  :) Hopefully it won't take me 9.5, as I have a PPL check ride due any week now, and have my eyes on CFI.

Thank you all for the kudos 8)

Private Investigator

J2H

Congrats!  Still waiting on mine!
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

spaatzmom

Congrats, it means more that a little as you will realize in the future.  On to the next goal.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Believe it or not, the night my first squadron put my 2nd Lieutenant slides on, and I stepped back, saluted my CC and she said "Congratulations, Lieutenant," is one of the primo warm fuzzies I've ever had in CAP. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Walkman

BHartman007

Quote from: CyBorg on February 19, 2014, 03:16:03 AM
Believe it or not, the night my first squadron put my 2nd Lieutenant slides on, and I stepped back, saluted my CC and she said "Congratulations, Lieutenant," is one of the primo warm fuzzies I've ever had in CAP. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was informed of mine in an email, lol. We've not had public senior promotions since before I came around.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: BHartman007 on February 26, 2014, 12:54:08 AM

I was informed of mine in an email, lol. We've not had public senior promotions since before I came around.

That's unfortunate.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

BHartman007

Quote from: CyBorg on February 26, 2014, 01:12:33 AM
Quote from: BHartman007 on February 26, 2014, 12:54:08 AM

That's unfortunate.

Agreed, but the process will also be changing, now that I find myself in a position to change it ;)

bosshawk

Not too many years ago, I got my certificates for Levels Two, Three, Four and Five in the mail from CAWG, along with the awards that went with the certificates.  Really personal touch????
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

BHartman007

Quote from: bosshawk on February 26, 2014, 02:02:05 AM
Not too many years ago, I got my certificates for Levels Two, Three, Four and Five in the mail from CAWG, along with the awards that went with the certificates.  Really personal touch????

Heck, if I want certs and awards, I have to print them out myself.

bosshawk

Don't know about you, but I would think that a Gill Robb Wilson award might rate a personal award ceremony.  Sorry, I forgot that I am from the old school where awards meant something.

I am also no longer in CAP.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

EMT-83

Quote from: BHartman007 on February 26, 2014, 02:06:39 AM
Quote from: bosshawk on February 26, 2014, 02:02:05 AM

Heck, if I want certs and awards, I have to print them out myself.

Each Wing was supplied with the appropriate printer for certificates and awards. The source has changed, not the process.