Main Menu

Blazer Kit

Started by Alaric, October 17, 2013, 02:48:13 AM

Alaric

Am I correct in assuming the badge goes into the plastic pouch and the name tag is pinned over it?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Eclipse

No.  The plastic pouch should be disposed of immediately.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

The plastic pouch is pathetic looking in most every instance.

Makes the whole thing look ultra-cheesy.

Get rid of it.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: a2capt on October 17, 2013, 05:17:08 AM
The plastic pouch is pathetic looking in most every instance.

Makes the whole thing look [even more] ultra-cheesy.

Get rid of it.

Fix'd.

SarDragon

Absent the pouch, how does one then wear the crest. The one that comes with the pouch has no pins on the back. (At least that's how mine came.)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

FlyTiger77

Quote from: SarDragon on October 17, 2013, 07:57:03 AM
Absent the pouch, how does one then wear the crest. The one that comes with the pouch has no pins on the back. (At least that's how mine came.)

Mine has pins and clutches. I would prefer some sort of magnetic set-up.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Jaison009

Aside from making yours into a magnetic one or attempting to add a pin setup, you can order the crest (Item CAP0980) from VG for $14. I ordered my nametag and crest separate and the crest I received today came with pins on the back. I have a feeling it will look a whole lot better than the pocket protector.

flyboy53

Is it glued on or are you sure that there is nothing mounting it to the plastic? Check on the back and see if you can feel anything like clutch backs.

Aside from ordering a new crest, your option is to see if you can separate it from the pouch in good condition. If you can, and there is nothing on the back, the best option is to have someone neatly hot glue either a two or three ribbon bar holder vertically on the back. Then be careful wearing it.

OR

If you don't mind obligating that jacket as a blazer uniform, take the crest to a tailor and have them sew it on to the pocket.

SarDragon

Quote from: flyboy1 on October 17, 2013, 12:01:17 PM

Is it glued on or are you sure that there is nothing mounting it to the plastic? Check on the back and see if you can feel anything like clutch backs.

Aside from ordering a new crest, your option is to see if you can separate it from the pouch in good condition. If you can, and there is nothing on the back, the best option is to have someone neatly hot glue either a two or three ribbon bar holder vertically on the back. Then be careful wearing it.

OR

If you don't mind obligating that jacket as a blazer uniform, take the crest to a tailor and have them sew it on to the pocket.

I got a crest, sans pins, and a pouch with the magnooty things. Two pieces. No glue or other attachment.

Stick the crest in the pouch, hook over your blazer pocket, and you're in business. 'Cept it's freakin' yoo-ga-lee.

I have since acquired a crest with pins, and that's what I wear.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret