How long does it usually take to become a member?

Started by patn237, October 10, 2013, 04:04:11 AM

patn237

Hey I am new here and really excited to become a part of CAP. But I was wondering how long the process takes to become a senior member? I sent everything that is needed to become a member around 2 and half weeks ago, but have not gotten anything back in the mail.

Eclipse

Quote from: patn237 on October 10, 2013, 04:04:11 AM
Hey I am new here and really excited to become a part of CAP. But I was wondering how long the process takes to become a senior member? I sent everything that is needed to become a member around 2 and half weeks ago, but have not gotten anything back in the mail.

Unfortunately you may well be stuck in the shutdown black hole.

NHQ is essentially dark, and it's unclear at this point whether the FBI is processing background checks, and even if they were there's no one
to send it to them. Your app may well have been in someone's IN box at NHQ and it now waiting for them to return.

Assuming your Squadron CC sent everything in correctly, they could use the FP card, check was good, etc., it usually takes 2-3 weeks
to process.  Right now it's anyone's guess.

"That Others May Zoom"

patn237

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering because I checked my bank statement and the check still hasn't been cleared yet.

Panache

Pretty much what Eclipse said.

When I submitted my paperwork, I got my CAPID six days later via e-mail, and my FBI check cleared about two weeks after that.  But that was during normal operation.

You should note that you won't actually get anything in the mail at first.  You'll receive your welcome notice and CAPID via e-mail.  New member packets are no longer being sent out via mail as a cost-saving measure.  It's now distributed by digital media.

Hopefully, when the shutdown has ended and NHQ can go back to their jobs, your situation will be resolved.