Permanent Membership Card

Started by deerhunter82, September 17, 2013, 10:07:38 AM

deerhunter82

Hey everyone,
I am brand new here but really excited to be a part of CAP. I joined as a Patron/Reserve member on Sept 11. I was wondering how long it usually takes until they mail out the permanent membership card? I finally received a receipt of my membership purchase by email today if that helps.? Also, something else I was wondering, is do they put your photo on the card? I uploaded it the night I joined but it still isn't validated though. So i am guessing not lol but I thought I would ask anyway lol.

Thanks to all in advance for donating your time and helping out a newb.
Deerhunter82

Al Sayre

I'm not sure they even send Patron members membership cards since they are only allowed to participate in a very limited capacity, Wing Conferences and special events by invitation only IIRC.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

sarmed1

patron members get cards also..... my guess is every member gets a card....

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

FW

Eclipse

Your commander of record is the person who has to validate an ID photo, but since 996 isn't an active unit,
it's doubtful anyone will be watching that queue, and since they won't know what you look like since they (presumably) have never met
you, won't likely approve it.

You are likely aware, but just for clarity, Patron membership is essentially a donation to CAP.  It has some very limited benefits,
all ceremonial and only at the invitation of a commander, and for the most part those are only available to Patron members assigned to a local squadron.  996 is the national Patron squadron where anyone without a unit of record is assigned.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

If you want to be more involved, you can always request a transfer to a local unit. You can also change your membership type later if you decide you want to be more active in CAP.

Private Investigator

Quote from: deerhunter82 on September 17, 2013, 10:07:38 AM
Hey everyone,
I am brand new here but really excited to be a part of CAP. I joined as a Patron/Reserve member on Sept 11. I was wondering how long it usually takes until they mail out the permanent membership card? I finally received a receipt of my membership purchase by email today if that helps.? Also, something else I was wondering, is do they put your photo on the card? I uploaded it the night I joined but it still isn't validated though. So i am guessing not lol but I thought I would ask anyway lol.

Thanks to all in advance for donating your time and helping out a newb.
Deerhunter82

Welcome aboard. One suggestion is the search feature is your friend. Another is do not dig up any old threads. Have fun in CAP.  8)

deerhunter82

Yep I am aware that we are only supporters but that is all I have time for at the moment between work and school. But when I get more time I plan to go active or after my membership expires possibly join the Army. Thanks for all the replies!