Main Menu

New PD application

Started by arajca, August 28, 2013, 04:24:58 AM

arajca

National released a new application for inputting PD awards, including all the stuff like duty assignments, conferences attended, mentoring, etc.

Found two bugs:
   On the duty assignments, it requires a start and end date. It doesn't have an option for "current" as end date. I send it in to the Help Desk.
   In the Org. Maintenance, every time I changed fields, a PDF badrcode label popped up. Also sent to the Help Desk.

Otherwise, it's a good start.

NCRblues

Quote from: arajca on August 28, 2013, 04:24:58 AM
National released a new application for inputting PD awards, including all the stuff like duty assignments, conferences attended, mentoring, etc.

Found two bugs:
   On the duty assignments, it requires a start and end date. It doesn't have an option for "current" as end date. I send it in to the Help Desk.
   In the Org. Maintenance, every time I changed fields, a PDF badrcode label popped up. Also sent to the Help Desk.

Did it include the cadet duty assignment portion that was said to be coming this week or next?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

On the duty assignments, it requires a start and end date. It doesn't have an option for "current" as end date. I send it in to the

I thought this was intended behavior - isn't this just to be able to input past assignments?

Or is this not the only place to appoint staff?

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Found two bugs:

Would not "current" just be the date that the PD form was initiated?
If you are doing the PD form today.....just put in today's date.....problem solved.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Alaric

One problem I found is there is no where to upload documentation.  It would be very handy if it had the ability like in EServices, to upload attendance and/or participation certificates

NC Hokie

Quote from: Eclipse on August 28, 2013, 04:56:49 AM
On the duty assignments, it requires a start and end date. It doesn't have an option for "current" as end date. I send it in to the

I thought this was intended behavior - isn't this just to be able to input past assignments?

I believe that this is just an electronic version of the current CAPF 24, so this wouldn't be the place to do staff appointments.  I don't know why this info couldn't be populated from elsewhere in eServices, but it's better than the existing print, sign, scan, and email process.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

JeffDG

Quote from: NC Hokie on August 28, 2013, 08:18:33 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 28, 2013, 04:56:49 AM

I believe that this is just an electronic version of the current CAPF 24, so this wouldn't be the place to do staff appointments.  I don't know why this info couldn't be populated from elsewhere in eServices, but it's better than the existing print, sign, scan, and email process.
Not a PDO, so I don't see it.

Would be nice if it was available to anyone, you could then track your progress, then when you're ready, submit the rating for review/approval.

RogueLeader

Quote from: JeffDG on August 28, 2013, 08:30:45 PM
Not a PDO, so I don't see it.

Would be nice if it was available to anyone, you could then track your progress, then when you're ready, submit the rating for review/approval.

Just remember that CAPR 50-17 (Senior Member Professional Development Program) has all the answers for advancement.  Not to mention that the general requirements are all listed with-in the 1st 5 pages.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340