eServices Promotion Track Report

Started by CAPGAL, August 07, 2013, 05:42:59 AM

CAPGAL

Hey Everyone,

Here is my situation.
In February, I completed all of the requirements for the Armstrong Achievement. Upon completing the requirements, I received the promotion immediately. My senior members informed me that I was allowed to begin working on the requirements for the Mitchell Achievement. However, the senior members did not log and approve my promotion in eServices. I asked multiple senior members several times and they assured me that they could set the approval date for February and that it would get done. Well, it was not done and approved  until July.  Also in July, I completed all of the requirements for my Mitchell. When the senior member went to approve my Mitchell promotion, he was not able to because he just imputed the Armstrong.  Now, I have to wait two months for my Mitchell promotion even though everything is complete. The senior member told me he would check with the squadron commander soon but he is not sure if they can do anything.

So, my question is, how can we change to approval date on the promotions track report? Is it even possible?

I would appreciate anything you guys could tell me.

C/CMSgt Adams

a2capt

Your unit commander needs to write up everything and submit it to NHQ, and they will make the adjustment to the records if they are satisfactorily convinced. There is a note on the screen of who/where to submit corrections to.

That date could have absolutely been set back before the promotion was approved. It appears that someone did not realize it, or it was not communicated properly. Either way, you were also wearing rank that was not in line with the records.

jimmydeanno

Yep, what is done is done, and corrections need to go to NHQ.  In the future, there is a "promotion effective date" box on the approval screen for just this situation.  It's to put when the promotion was earned, in case the darn seniors forget to input stuff on time.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Critical AOA

If two months is the longest you ever have to wait in your life for something you have earned, you are doing very good.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

cm42

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 07, 2013, 09:56:35 PM
If two months is the longest you ever have to wait in your life for something you have earned, you are doing very good.

That's quite irrelevant. This cadet has been wronged by admin laziness on the part of seniors. Patience waiting for things is important, but this is not something that the cadet should have to wait for.

CAPGAL

Quote from: a2capt on August 07, 2013, 07:19:43 AM
Your unit commander needs to write up everything and submit it to NHQ, and they will make the adjustment to the records if they are satisfactorily convinced. There is a note on the screen of who/where to submit corrections to.

That date could have absolutely been set back before the promotion was approved. It appears that someone did not realize it, or it was not communicated properly. Either way, you were also wearing rank that was not in line with the records.

Thanks for that. I am not sure that my senior members and unit commander are motivated enough to get this done. Writing the letter would probably take just as long as me waiting it out. Nevertheless, I will try. On another note, I was wearing the rank in line with my records. The Armstrong Achievement is the second part to the Cadet Chief Master Sergeant rank. When I received that achievement, my insignia did not change.

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 07, 2013, 04:45:44 PM
Yep, what is done is done, and corrections need to go to NHQ.  In the future, there is a "promotion effective date" box on the approval screen for just this situation.  It's to put when the promotion was earned, in case the darn seniors forget to input stuff on time.

Thanks for that information. I will let them know about this for future reference.

Quote from: cm42 on August 08, 2013, 12:35:24 AM
Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 07, 2013, 09:56:35 PM

That's quite irrelevant. This cadet has been wronged by admin laziness on the part of seniors. Patience waiting for things is important, but this is not something that the cadet should have to wait for.

Thank you for sticking up for me! It is relieving to see that someone does understand.  :)

a2capt

Quote from: khadams1 on August 08, 2013, 02:56:52 AMThat's quite irrelevant. This cadet has been wronged by admin laziness on the part of seniors. Patience waiting for things is important, but this is not something that the cadet should have to wait for.
QuoteThank you for sticking up for me! It is relieving to see that someone does understand.  :) 
Yup, and I d'oh!-fully missed the detail on this being the second achievement to wrap up the Mitchell Award.

Leadership is not setting an example worth leading by. Unfortunately, you can't work any further now, until this is rectified, or you just give up and wait. Which all you can do is hope that leadership will write the letter, and get it submitted. In the meantime, do what you need, realizing that of course nothing you do now can be backdated, if this backlog is fixed.

By that, I mean when you actually took the needed written tests, that should be the day it happened. About the only thing you can go back on are PT and CD participation, as you may have had a few since the "proper" promotion date. Unless you've been taking tests on paper and the TCO has records.. since you couldn't have taken them using the online system.

Tim Day

If your unit keeps paper records and you have the signature and date of your advancement on your paper record, you'll be able to help NHQ correct your record. Since your paper records belong to you, I would request to take them home, where I'd scan them in and include with the email I suggest below.

Once some period of time passes, you won't be able to go back and correct this, so I'd advise firmly but respectfully pushing this issue, especially if you are on track to achieve your Mitchell or other milestone by a certain date.

I recommend you draft an official email and send to your chain of command for forwarding to NHQ. Write it well so that they don't have to do anything. Provide the appropriate email address from the NHQ website. Avoid appearing to blame anyone - depict this as an honest administrative error (regardless of my opinion, your feelings, or the comments expressed in this forum).

While you shouldn't have to do this, you probably will have to no matter where you end up (military, civilian career, etc). 

Also note that your unit can hold up your promotion for maturity, etc, but in that case should have documented this with a CAPF 50-2 (going strictly by the book).
Tim Day
Lt Col CAP
Prince William Composite Squadron Commander