Main Menu

Lost Eservices Password

Started by Nearly Dark Side, August 01, 2013, 03:10:54 PM

Nearly Dark Side

Alright guys I'm back with a problem with the same friend. He found his CAPID and he wants to sign onto Eservices but he cannot remember his password. Now normally you would just hit "forgot password" but his email that was attached to the account no longer exists so how would he go about recovering his account?

Brad

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

jeders

Quote from: C/CMSgt Collins on August 01, 2013, 03:10:54 PM
Alright guys I'm back with a problem with the same friend. He found his CAPID and he wants to sign onto Eservices but he cannot remember his password. Now normally you would just hit "forgot password" but his email that was attached to the account no longer exists so how would he go about recovering his account?

Contact the Help Desk, that's what they're there for.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Private Investigator

Quote from: C/CMSgt Collins on August 01, 2013, 03:10:54 PM
Alright guys I'm back with a problem with the same friend. ...

You do not have a problem. Your friend has a problem.

Pushups are good for the body   8)

NIN

Quote from: Private Investigator on August 03, 2013, 09:24:14 PM

I think the incidence of lost passwords (especially due to "I had email address A when I signed up, but I didn't check that, or the 12 I've had since then, an and now I can't even remember what the password is for email address M that I'm using now!") would go down considerably if there was some corrective physical training administered  by the help desk via the phone: "I'll unlock your password, but I want to hear you do 10 pushups first.."

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Private Investigator

Quote from: NIN on August 03, 2013, 10:01:34 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on August 03, 2013, 09:24:14 PM

I think the incidence of lost passwords (especially due to "I had email address A when I signed up, but I didn't check that, or the 12 I've had since then, an and now I can't even remember what the password is for email address M that I'm using now!") would go down considerably if there was some corrective physical training administered  by the help desk via the phone: "I'll unlock your password, but I want to hear you do 10 pushups first.."

Roger that sir   :clap:

Eclipse

+1.5 bad enough when kids do it, but the number of "adults" I deal with in the same situation is both shocking and disappointing.  Yes, there was a time, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, that low-tech users were at the mercy of a service provider for email, but those days ended before the turn of the century.

A gift to give your kids is one, non-cute email they can use for life.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on August 04, 2013, 03:01:12 PM
+1.5 bad enough when kids do it, but the number of "adults" I deal with in the same situation is both shocking and disappointing.  Yes, there was a time, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, that low-tech users were at the mercy of a service provider for email, but those days ended before the turn of the century.

What, I shouldn't use PinkKoala2018@gmail.com for my daughter?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

NIN

ethan.ninness@gmail.com :)  Works for everybody.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Slim

Quote from: NIN on August 04, 2013, 05:33:15 PM

ethan.ninness@gmail.com :)  Works for everybody.

But only if everybody was named Ethan Ninness.

:angel: :P

Slim

Майор Хаткевич

Goes to register ethanninness@gmail.com...oh right, google ignores periods like the romans ignored zeros...

Private Investigator

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 04, 2013, 05:25:49 PM

What, I shouldn't use PinkKoala2018@gmail.com for my daughter?

For my daughter, HelloKittyHottie@gmail.com? Weird boys are drawn to her like moths to a lightbulb    ::)

rebowman

Maybe your friend could click on the 'password assistance' link

stillamarine

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 06, 2013, 05:04:52 AM
Goes to register ethanninness@gmail.com...oh right, google ignores periods like the romans ignored zeros...

I hate that. I apparently have a doppelganger in the UK who just recently was looking for a new house and had a family member fly in that needed a ride....I seriously thought of hitting reply and telling them "no problem, I'll get him!"
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com