Dump the Find Ribbon?

Started by kd8gua, July 05, 2013, 12:45:29 AM

Private Investigator

Quote from: bosshawk on July 05, 2013, 02:23:44 PM
Distress or non?

That is funny no matter what Wing you are in   :clap:

Private Investigator

Quote from: kd8gua on July 06, 2013, 08:26:23 PM
My unit has very qualified GT personnel, mission pilot, scanners and observers, we even have an IC. I don't know the full procedure for being called, though I can probably look it up. I know that in the year and a half I've started working towards various mission base qualifications, there haven't been any missions in my part of the wing. ...

Every Squadron is different. Some have all kinds of qualified people but they never do 'real' missions. When I was an IG I was inspecting a Composite SQ and I only wear three ribbons including the "Find". The SQ CC asked what that ribbon was and I told him "Find", he replied in 20 years he still has not got one. I thought about it and besides a lot of flying I do not recall that SQ doing any missions while another SQ 20 minutes away is doing them weekly.

YMMV   8)

Devil Doc

All Finds are Distress Finds :)
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

lordmonar

Reminds me of the Fire Department in the movie "Roxanne".

It is a good thing that you are fully qualified to respond if called.....but never get called.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

sardak

QuoteAlso, rookie question I'm sure, but where can I find the AFRCC reports previously mentioned?
Not a rookie question. The reports are at   http://www.1af.acc.af.mil/units/afrcc/annualreports/index.asp

Mike

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Devil Doc on July 06, 2013, 09:47:21 PM
???????

Quote from: CAPR 39-3 para 21 d
d. Search "Find" Ribbon. Awarded by the wing commander (or a subordinate commander if authority is delegated by the wing commander) to any CAP member of the wing making a find (distress or non-distress) on a search and rescue mission.

Devil Doc

Quote from: phirons on July 07, 2013, 05:52:02 PM
???????

d. Search "Find" Ribbon. Awarded by the wing commander (or a subordinate commander if authority is delegated by the wing commander) to any CAP member of the wing making a find (distress or non-distress) on a search and rescue mission.

They are all Distress finds until they become non Distress.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

SarDragon

Quote from: Devil Doc on July 07, 2013, 06:27:07 PM
Quote from: phirons on July 07, 2013, 05:52:02 PM
??? ??? ?

They are all Distress finds missions until they become non Distress.

FTFY!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Devil Doc

Thanks, I sound like im such a noob when I misepell and type the wrong thing.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

jhsmith400

In 20+ years in OHWG I've found most SAR missions are done here by air since, Ohio while not being all that flat has a fairly even population.  Since it has towns all over, most of which have, at least a VFD, crashes are quickly located, sometimes by CAP, from the air or roads, by the time a CAP GT is ready the situation is resolved.  Now this isn't always true, one of my former squadrons had a fun little chase of an ELT that was on a junked A/C being shipped across the state.  But if you want missions in Ohio try GRP 7, they seem to work alot, but summertime missions are tough to get while it is the rec. flying season it is also the time OSP operates it's air fleet the most, to chase speeders, and they listen to the distress channels too.  So why delete a ribbon that shows you've actually done something instead of just marking time or going to a class.