Main Menu

Photo on CAPID

Started by ARandomCadet, June 17, 2013, 05:16:56 AM

ARandomCadet

Should they also put a photo of a cadet on that cadet's CAPID? In my opinion they should (I'm a cadet and I feel it is necessary). What are other people's opinion on this?

Майор Хаткевич

They do...maybe you should take the advice given in your app topic.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: usafaux2004 on June 17, 2013, 02:06:23 PM
When I refer to cadet, I mean under 17. I know that cadets 17 and older have their photo on it. But I mean cadets ages 12-16. And I see no advice under my post about them making an app, the only thing pertaining to cadets is about contracting.

jeders

Quote from: cadetrainey on June 17, 2013, 02:41:39 PM
When I refer to cadet, I mean under 17. I know that cadets 17 and older have their photo on it. But I mean cadets ages 12-16. And I see no advice under my post about them making an app, the only thing pertaining to cadets is about contracting.

Quote from: a2capt on June 17, 2013, 09:57:48 AM
I don't mean this in a mean way at all, but ... do some real research before you just spout off "facts".
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

ARandomCadet

Quote from: jeders on June 17, 2013, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: cadetrainey on June 17, 2013, 02:41:39 PM

Quote from: a2capt on June 17, 2013, 09:57:48 AM
I don't mean this in a mean way at all, but ... do some real research before you just spout off "facts".
That is what y'all mean about it. But when I say cadets I mean 12-16, I already know that 17 and up have their photo on their CAPID.

vento

^^ Not true. You can have your photo on your ID as long as you upload your photo into eServices.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: vento on June 17, 2013, 04:56:59 PM
^^ Not true. You can have your photo on your ID as long as you upload your photo into eServices.
I have a photo uploaded in eServices and it only shows up on my 101 card. I have 2 CAPID cards and I uploaded my photo the day I got completed OPSEC training, so the second day I was a member, I was expecting my photo on the cards, but eServices says I am too young and that you have to be at least 17 years old to be able to have it on your CAPID. I will check eServices right now, but that is what I saw the last time I checked.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: vento on June 17, 2013, 04:56:59 PM
If you are at least 18 years old according to the membership card reorder page.

vento

Yes, there is one free card for cadets over 18. I am under the impression that if you are under 18 you can still have your photo on your ID as long as you pay for the card processing fee. Unless things have changed recently for security or legal reasons, I recall seeing younger cadets with photo ID cards in the past.

Here's the link to the knowledge base.

a2capt

The Photo cards of the past were if they paid for the $4 optional card.

NHQ will not put a photo on a Cadet ID card, and all Senior Members are required to have a photo on file, on the 101 card and the ID card. Cadets over 18 are not.

stillamarine

I always hear its required for SMs but I've yet to do it and the black ban hasn't showed up yet.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Майор Хаткевич

I had mine up there...as a cadet.

Devil Doc

Quote from: stillamarine on June 17, 2013, 07:24:13 PM
I always hear its required for SMs but I've yet to do it and the black ban hasn't showed up yet.

you mean Black Van? There putting different colored dots on peoples mailboxes, OH NO!!
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

stillamarine

Quote from: Devil Doc on June 17, 2013, 09:37:26 PM
Quote from: stillamarine on June 17, 2013, 07:24:13 PM

you mean Black Van? There putting different colored dots on peoples mailboxes, OH NO!!

Haha. Leave me alone I was in line at Epcot.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com