Military clothing stamp set

Started by Eclipse, June 13, 2013, 05:48:39 PM

Eclipse

I'm looking for one of those sets like they issue in BMT for permanently marking clothes with name, etc.
#1 is off to cap soon and all skivvies, etc., have to be marked.  I thought the military stamps would be
a good, quick way to do it, but my Google-Fu is weak on this, or I'm not looking for the right thing.

I can check the NEX, but not sure when I'll be up that way next.

I see a fair number of "camp stamps", but these can't be changed.  I'm looking for something I can change myself.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

OK, well my Google-Fu must be better today, even Vanguard sells one:

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: Eclipse on June 13, 2013, 05:58:16 PM

I have used that exact model before.  It's a little (lot) messy and a pain to use (and there's no good way to store or put a cap on the stamps once they get ink on them).  The same company makes essentially the same kit, with the same inks and letters, but in a self-inking stamp form.  IMHO, that one is way better.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on June 13, 2013, 06:15:51 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 13, 2013, 05:58:16 PM

I have used that exact model before.  It's a little (lot) messy and a pain to use (and there's no good way to store or put a cap on the stamps once they get ink on them).  The same company makes essentially the same kit, with the same inks and letters, but in a self-inking stamp form.  IMHO, that one is way better.

Linky?  (or name, etc.) I'm finding this all over but can't find the manufacturer.

Does it come with pads for the ink?  I don't see that in any of the pics.

I found a couple others that have custom self-inkers, but though they might work better in the catalog then real life.  The one from Shiny looks about the best.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: Eclipse on June 13, 2013, 06:27:09 PM
Linky?  (or name, etc.) I'm finding this all over but can't find the manufacturer.

Does it come with pads for the ink?  I don't see that in any of the pics.

I found a couple others that have custom self-inkers, but though they might work better in the catalog then real life.  The one from Shiny looks about the best.

Both kits come with pads for the ink.  The one you linked to comes with all the parts in a red, hard plastic box.  The ink pads are just adhered to the interior of the box.  So when you're done using it, you pack up the inked up stamps and ink bottles inside a container with wet ink pads.  Gets messy inside.   The self-inking stamp has a double-sided pad (one side for each the black and white inks) that slips in and out for easy re-inking or switching between marking dark and light clothes.  I'll find out the brand name of the self-inking stamp for you when I get home tonight.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Hawk200

I'm probably the cheapskate, but I'd just use one of the Sharpie laundry markers and call it good.

Eclipse

Quote from: Hawk200 on June 16, 2013, 02:30:35 AM
I'm probably the cheapskate, but I'd just use one of the Sharpie laundry markers and call it good.

That's plan b, but is actually more of a PITA then it might sound.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: Eclipse on June 16, 2013, 03:52:23 AM
Quote from: Hawk200 on June 16, 2013, 02:30:35 AM

That's plan b, but is actually more of a PITA then it might sound.
Why a PITA? It's a marker. write your name, let it dry. Done.

Eclipse

x's about 20 pieces of skivvies, etc.  Writing on cloth is a pita, and I'd prefer my son didn't look like
it's his first day with crayons.

"That Others May Zoom"