Russian Stealth Fighter Program (VERY INTERESTING!!!!)

Started by hufftherussian, May 13, 2013, 11:07:46 PM

hufftherussian

So I have been a fan of Russian aviation, and love to tell others about it. Before we start going into this whole political debate on my X is better than your Y, just listen!

The current Russian stealth fighter program is PAKFA, or the Perspektivny Aviatsionny Kompleks Frontovoy Aviatsii, literally Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation. The prototype name is T-50, and so far 4 prototypes have been made, and the 5th one is currently being built, and will somehow resemble the production model. A planned service entry of the year 2016, with a require of 200 aircraft, with 10 serial models purchased in an initial batch to train instructors, and then a second batch of 60.

At first glance, it resembles the F-22, but since it's a Fifth gen fighter, that's the basic design for a 5th gen aircraft. The T-50 is very impressive in my opinion. It's radar system is the SH-121, which compromises of the N050 AESA X band radar in the nose, two L Band radars in the wing slats, a rear facing X band radar, OLS-50 IRST, OEIS optronic jammer. This radar system gives the plane full 360 degree radar coverage, and it also includes an HMS and HMD (Helmet mounted sight and Helmet mounted Display) The engines have full 3D TVC with 15 degrees of throw. The plane has four weapons bays. the mains are located in between the engine nacelles, and can house 3 R-77 missiles in each bay. It also two side bays that hold 2 R-73 missiles each, so for a total of 10 missiles for a basic A2A engagement. The gun is GSH-31 30mm cannon with 150 rounds, and plans to put two of such cannon.  More information can be received through Wikipedia, sukhoi.org, and other credible internet sources

A few photos of the plane:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sukhoi_T-50_Beltyukov.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...of-foreign-stealth.html%3B1000%3B850

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...hoi-pak-fa-t-50-7%252F%3B1000%3B837

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm....-and-jsf-f-35%252F%3B600%3B714

a2capt

Please use the editor link/URL function instead of pasting those huge links. It makes the browser window need to scrolled left/right to read.

NIN

How exciting is a jet that looks like our 15+ year old F-22?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

brent.teal

Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

hufftherussian

with 15+ years new technology discovered over the years! Btw the Fifth Generation of Fighter is the design of the Raptor and Lightning II. Just look at the Chinese J-20 and J-31, Japanese Mitsubishi ATDX Shinshin, Iranian Qahar F-313, and Indian AMCA. Same for UCAVs, American X-47, Indian IUSAV, Russian MiG SKAT.

Jazjar

It will probably end up as a fighter jet that very few of their squadrons and front line units have, a novelty.  I think the bigger threat from the Russian arms export industry are pseudo-stealth jets ( sensors of gen. 5 aircraft but non-stealthy airframe design. )  Such as the Mig-35 and Su-35BM.  They're cheaper options and proliferate better than their more advanced stealth counterparts. 
Le Char bout portant, je tire!!
Clear, Concise, and to the point.
Foxtrot Flight, Squadron 3, VAWG ENC 2013 Hoorah

LTC Don

You actually noted the Iranian Qahar F-313?  Really?

I don't think that fiberglass and cardboard mockup they unveiled is going to fly very well, but it probably is stealthy  ;D  ;D  Propaganda much?  ::)

Yeah, and fix the image links by clicking the image button in the toolbar and paste your mile long links in there.
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

Jazjar

I've heard of the PAK FA before, and even if it is in any way superior to the F-22 or F-35 ( I HIGHLY doubt it ) we probably will not be facing it in the near future.  Sorry, but I think this aircraft is a bit of a paper tiger to be honest.  Remember, one or two of these things in a squadron will probably not make a difference, even though it might be a supposed high technology aircraft, it still needs numbers to count. 
Le Char bout portant, je tire!!
Clear, Concise, and to the point.
Foxtrot Flight, Squadron 3, VAWG ENC 2013 Hoorah

Flying Pig

Quote from: hufftherussian on May 14, 2013, 01:16:46 AM
Iranian Qahar F-313

Im sure the Iranians are pleased that at least one person thought it was real   :clap: