Main Menu

Help with BDUs?

Started by Schultheis, May 13, 2013, 08:26:06 PM

Schultheis

Okay, so I finally got my BDUs a couple weeks ago off Proppers website, and I went by the charts, the pants fit fine, a little long (to be expected I'm short) but I can blouse them with ease. But, the problem is my blouse.. It fits decently, I was expecting the sleeves to be long, but they aren't. They areREALLY REALLY baggy. I can't take them back as it has been more than 2 weeks since I've had them, and I can't afford to buy new ones ATM. Can I fix the baggy-ness at all? I have pretty big arms, I don't think the gym will help much more as I've been going for awhile..

Also, is there any way to get the "new polyester feel" off of the BDU's?

Eclipse

Quote from: Schultheis on May 13, 2013, 08:26:06 PMAlso, is there any way to get the "new polyester feel" off of the BDU's?

Wear then in the field.

As to the sleeves, they are likely close to what they should be  - generally they are fairly baggy.  By no means is the BDU shirt a "fitted" uniform.
Beyond some very complicated and potentially catastrophic tailoring, there's no much you can do but button the cuff properly and soldier on.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

More then you'd want, but not that abnormal, especially if the shirt itself is too big. 

"That Others May Zoom"

Schultheis

The shirt is a little big, but not as big as the sleeves are in comparison to me

Luis R. Ramos

That is not different from what I have seen. When you go to the field in them you will forget the size.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

ol'fido

1. Wash them a few times.
2. Don't button them up with the tightest button.
3. Work out and build up those "guns".
4. Wait a while and grow into them. 8) ;D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Schultheis

1. Have done so
2. Do so
3. Yes sir.
4. Not much growin left to do

Sapper168

Looks about right to me. 
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Devil Doc

The BDU's were not meant to be Tailored by any means, they are baggy/big for a reason. Tight clothing can rub with movement, its good to have room once you have all that gear on. Also, it is big to wear stuff underneath them, they look fine. You can actually use the Pants as a Life Vest would probably explain why they are big.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.