Main Menu

CAP Tribute Video

Started by Brickner, March 02, 2013, 11:44:11 PM

Brickner

Hey, I'm trying to make a video tribute video for CAP and I could use some good pictures for it. I'd prefer to have action photos (i.e. cadets carrying a simulated injury in a stretcher, PT) and I would really like to find some PJOC,CCOC, and Hawk Mountain pictures. If I could find enough I would like to make separate tributes. Also, I haven't decided on a song, so suggestions would be nice.
Cadet Seaman Apprentice, Platoon Commander, Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps
Cadet Airman, Cadet Element Leader, Civil Air Patrol

Eclipse

Sooo....

You want to make a video that is hardkewl, but shows things we don't normally do?

"That Others May Zoom"

That Anonymous Guy

Quote from: Eclipse on March 03, 2013, 02:07:10 AM
Sooo....

You want to make a video that is hardkewl, but shows things we don't normally do?
Isn't that called recruiting? >:D

Eclipse

No, that's called "marketing" at best, and not meant in a positive tone.

It's a major reason we churn so many members in the first year.

"That Others May Zoom"

That Anonymous Guy

Quote from: Eclipse on March 03, 2013, 03:17:55 PM
No, that's called "marketing" at best, and not meant in a positive tone.

It's a major reason we churn so many members in the first year.
I know and agree. It was meant in jest.

RogueLeader

CCOC has a video they produce each year.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Private Investigator

Quote from: Brickner on March 02, 2013, 11:44:11 PM
Hey, I'm trying to make a video tribute video for CAP ...

Welcome aboard   :clap:

Abby.L

Quote from: Eclipse on March 03, 2013, 02:07:10 AM
Sooo....

If the man wants to make a video, then there's nothing stopping him. I've seen plenty of videos on YouTube that could easily be considered stupid and pointless, but they were posted anyway. It's within the maker's judgement if they really want to make and post them, and I don't see a reason to impede. You may think they're stupid, society may think it's stupid, but there's a really easy answer: Just don't watch it. If the OP wants to make a hardkewl video for whatever purposes, then more power to him. If it causes weird fluctuations in membership or something, then they'll figure that out at a later time, and anyone who joined and stayed for a good while is just a plus.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Eclipse

^ Can I stop him?  No, obviously.

That doesn't make it a good idea, and these videos reflect on all of us, so there's skin in the game for anyone with a CAP ID card.

"That Others May Zoom"