Awards and decorations of the United States government

Started by Hawk200, February 06, 2013, 04:32:30 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 07, 2013, 03:44:15 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on February 07, 2013, 02:07:08 PM
The agent who got six Americans out of Iran after the revolution had to wait almost 20 years to public ally get his medal/ recognition.

Publicly is the key word.  Im sure he was well taken care many moons ago from within I am sure.

I think the Canadian authorities who offered their aid got awards something close to a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MSG Mac

Quote from: CyBorg on February 07, 2013, 04:04:25 PM
The agent who got six Americans out of Iran after the revolution had to wait almost 20 years to public ally get his medal/ recognition.

Publicly is the key word.  Im sure he was well taken care many moons ago from within I am sure.

I think the Canadian authorities who offered their aid got awards something close to a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II.

Canada doesn't have knighthoods, though I am sure the got some form of the Order of Canada.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

JeffDG

Quote from: MSG Mac on February 07, 2013, 06:03:00 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on February 07, 2013, 04:04:25 PM

Canada doesn't have knighthoods, though I am sure the got some form of the Order of Canada.
They were inducted into the Order of Canada, including one non-citizen who worked for the embassy that required personal intervention from the Minister to make happen.

The CyBorg is destroyed

They can still be named to the Royal Victorian Order by personal gift of the Queen.

The Nickle Resolution of 1919 "asked" that the Monarch not award titular titles to Canadians.

Quote from: JeffDG on February 07, 2013, 06:10:53 PM
They were inducted into the Order of Canada, including one non-citizen who worked for the embassy that required personal intervention from the Minister to make happen.

Thanks to our resident Canadian for clarification.

Australia has knighthoods, but the Labour Government asked that no-one be named to them in the early '90s.

New Zealand recently revived knighthoods; one of the first named was Peter Jackson.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

LGM30GMCC

Quote from: ColonelJack on February 07, 2013, 11:39:06 AM
I found it interesting to see that the CIA has ribbons and medals.  I thought their job was to be inconspicuous ... ?

Jack

Not all of the CIA are spooks. And you can write decorations that do not give away classified information but still get the gist across and those who need-to-know the classified particulars know them.

It's like the NSA folks who were selling coffee mugs 'smuggled' out of the NSA headquarters. Meaning they bought them at the gift shop. There are plenty of folks who work at the NSA, CIA, DIA, NRO, NGSIA etc etc who live normal lives and can even say to some extent what it is they do.

JeffDG

Quote from: CyBorg on February 07, 2013, 06:11:51 PM

They can still be named to the Royal Victorian Order by personal gift of the Queen.

The Nickle Resolution of 1919 "asked" that the Monarch not award titular titles to Canadians.

Quote from: JeffDG on February 07, 2013, 06:10:53 PM

Thanks to our resident Canadian for clarification.
And the Canadian government has actually enforced the Nickle Resolution, most recently in the case of Conrad Black, who was forced to renounce his Canadian citizenship in order to be granted a peerage in the House of Lords.  The situation would have put Her Majesty in an impossible situation otherwise, with her Prime Minister in the UK advising her to grant the honour to (now) Lord Black, and her Prime Minister in Canada advising her not to do so.

LGM30GMCC

Were I the monarch in that case I would say...'You two arm wrestle over it. Winner gets Mr. Black.'

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: JeffDG on February 07, 2013, 07:15:56 PM
And the Canadian government has actually enforced the Nickle Resolution, most recently in the case of Conrad Black, who was forced to renounce his Canadian citizenship in order to be granted a peerage in the House of Lords.  The situation would have put Her Majesty in an impossible situation otherwise, with her Prime Minister in the UK advising her to grant the honour to (now) Lord Black, and her Prime Minister in Canada advising her not to do so.

Conrad Black, Baron Black of Crossharbour, PC, OC (though there are calls for His Lordship to be removed from the Order of Canada), KCSG, also did five years in U.S. Federal Prison for charges of fraud, obstruction of justice and mail fraud.

That would make His Lordship ineligible to join CAP. >:D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Devil Doc

Double checked again, Nope No Awards/Medals for my government agency, which looks like its the only one. Oh well, i got all the medals i need, i think.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.