Color Guard Competition Quiz Bowl and Knowledge Exam

Started by mmacdonald, January 25, 2013, 04:05:53 PM

mmacdonald

I am training my squadron's Color Guard Competition Team and cannot find the quiz bowl questions or the general knowledge. Where can I find this?

Cool Mace

Teams come up with their own questions to study.
I know a lot of wings put all of their questions on Google Docs so they can be viewed at anytime, and people can submit their own questions to help study.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

a2capt

The Written Exam can be based on several publications, and is 50 questions in 45 minutes. The exam is generally drawn up ahead of time by the event organizers, either from scratch or based on previous years. To study for it, you need to be one with the regulations and manuals listed.

That said, being on Color Guard could be construed as an accelerated course in CAP. You could be an A1C, and you'll still be tested on anything from Phase I and II, CAPM 39-1, the Drill & Ceremonies manual, CAPR 900-2.. to name a few.

CAP History, structure, governance.. it's all fair game.

CAPR 52-4 is your friend.

As for the quiz bowl questions .. well.. lets see..  As for the "official" question pool that is used by the various competitions, that shouldn't exist outside of those entities. Question pools out there, since the regulation says that no method of recording them is to be used during the competitions .. are most likely done similar to how the FAA practice tests are out there. Whatever people memorized when they were in the room, gets written down after they've left the room. Crowd sourced, if you will.

Since it is based on the AE modules you've got .. that's an excellent place to start. :) Each one has a series of review questions within it.. and there's a study guide available.. :)