March 07 National Board Meeting Live Web Stream

Started by MIKE, March 02, 2007, 03:29:48 PM

Psicorp

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 07:54:07 PM
Hard to tell if BG Courter is wearing the AF or TPU as my color feed isn't great, but I think it is the AF uniform.  As someone who has been on the ragged edge of being legally able to wear the uniform myself, she doesn't seem as if she would meet the weight regulations.   

The General attended a function at my unit back in October (during which she promoted me and several others).  She was in AF Blues and she looked well within AF standards.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Psicorp

Quote from: MIKE on March 03, 2007, 08:53:33 PM
^ Looks like I will be adding another ribbon.

:D  Me too, sir...at least that's one expense I don't mind paying.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

SKYKING607

Someone please bring back the "1505" uniform with "C-A-P" cutouts, black nameplate and "hershey bar!"

Those were the days!
CAWG Career Captain

NIN

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 07:54:07 PM
Hard to tell if BG Courter is wearing the AF or TPU as my color feed isn't great, but I think it is the AF uniform.  As someone who has been on the ragged edge of being legally able to wear the uniform myself, she doesn't seem as if she would meet the weight regulations.   

Speaking as someone who knows BG Courter personally (and, heh, back in the day when she was a Captain helped her with some of the good "gouge" on uniform issues), I can say that she's within weight standards if she's wearing the AF uniform.

I know her that well.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Can't wait to find out when the "phase out date" is for the old Civil Air Patrol tapes.  I shall be wearing mine until the very last day.

That's just a flat out stupid change.  Grrrrr.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MIKE

They were talking about an actual wear out phase out... but I'm not sure if that is the actual result.
Mike Johnston

LtCol White

Quote from: arajca on March 03, 2007, 08:58:27 PM
New Command Patch passed for AF uniforms.

I didnt get to watch today because we had a SAREX. What is the new design of this?
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

Quote from: LtCol White on March 04, 2007, 01:44:20 AM
Quote from: arajca on March 03, 2007, 08:58:27 PM
New Command Patch passed for AF uniforms.

I didnt get to watch today because we had a SAREX. What is the new design of this?

RiverAux

I'll defer to those who know BG Coulter on her uniform. 

And just to be clear, the new command patch wear for AF flight suit and jacket was already approved by the AF and this vote just made it official.

The "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" tape for BDUs has not gone before the Air Force yet.  Hopefully they will save us from ourselves (again) and not approve us to wear a name that actually isn't ours on our uniforms.

AlphaSigOU

Females who choose to wear the TPU don't have a women's version of the TPU service dress jacket - yet.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JC004

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 04, 2007, 03:24:54 AM
Females who choose to wear the TPU don't have a women's version of the TPU service dress jacket - yet.

::cringe::  I think you just gave them a new idea. 

JCJ

Quote from: SKYKING607 on March 04, 2007, 01:05:25 AM
Someone please bring back the "1505" uniform with "C-A-P" cutouts, black nameplate and "hershey bar!"

Those were the days!

I loved 1505's

RiverAux

Quote from: NIN on March 04, 2007, 01:07:57 AM
Can't wait to find out when the "phase out date" is for the old Civil Air Patrol tapes.  I shall be wearing mine until the very last day.

That's just a flat out stupid change.  Grrrrr.
They talked about it for a while.  I THINK they said 2008, but I could be wrong.  Originally they were talking about just making the new ones the only ones that could be purchased and let uniform attrition solve the problem, but then someone brought up that some people may not get new uniforms for 15 years. 

JC004

A thought on a practical thing the NB could authorize in uniforms...after it was freaking cold one day and we were doing a preflight, I realized...there are no gloves authorized with the flight suit.  Maybe they would care to authorize the NOMEX gloves in green and maybe something else. 

And where can I see this cool warrior costume that we will all be wearing soon?

RiverAux

Actually it looked sort of like one of those things Clint Eastwood wore in very old westerns.  Can't think of the name of those Mexican-type overshirts.

Had an African pattern on it with sort of vertical stripes. 

JC004

COOOOL.  I propose that mini-medals be authorized on that uniform.  I figure if I buy like 16 of those things at $6.25, I should get some use out of them.

DNall

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 11:58:38 PM
Well, their grasp of Robert Rules of Order leaves a lot to be desired.  To be fair, I was watching and part of the time I wasn't entirely sure what they were voting on.

I tell you, that US Civil Air Patrol thing is almost enough to make me WANT to be a Wing Commander just so I could speak and vote against stuff like that.
Right, second.  ;D

The thing with roberts rules is intentional. One of the reasons it's used is so the participants can control the meeting & the crowd doesn't necessarily know what's going on till it's over. It's ashame the Wg/CCs don't seem to be more comfortable with it, and the legal officer explaining some of the rules earlier was just wrong about a couple major items.

Why so much with the uniforms?

1) Cause members can leave at the drop of hat & things will be done that leadership thinks will placate them, but leadership is out of touch so they may just as likely piss them off (like we saw today).

2) Cause we don't control our own fate. There are major problems swirling around that desperately have to be solved, but many times that requires AF or Congress to act and we don't have the power to make that happen. There is a whole range of stuff at our level, but it's tedious work that sucks to do & would be hard on membership. Rather than man up & take care of that, they act out in areas where they have wide ability to change meaningless things.

3) AF relationship... I don't think CAP acts in an effort to effect the relationship. What they do is not think things thru & make irresponsible moves that don't make sense & have side effects which they either didn't anticipate or were conscieted enough not to care able. There's valid things we should do that are desigend to standardize our system, to bring things into line with our parent, & to create a professional appearance to the public, but most of the things we actually do are just immature acting out on the part of people that should be above that.

Quote from: JC004 on March 04, 2007, 04:13:07 AM
realized...there are no gloves authorized with the flight suit.  Maybe they would care to authorize the NOMEX gloves in green and maybe something else. 
Nomex gloves are authorized safety gear. I believe required in California IIRC. Otherwise the flight suit is a utility uniform & the same black liners worn with BDUs are fine to wear. [/pyschologist hat]

US CAP tapes:
And by the way if they HAD to change it, could they have at least made it US CAP, rather than that whole long mess. 53k members X 1.5 tapes per member X $2.50 = $200,000 cost to membership. Freaking idiots.

RiverAux

Some good things that came up:

Super safety stats improvements (mentioned earlier).

Consoldated aircraft maintenance (which I don't know much about) has saved over $400,000 so far and its not used in but a handful of spots.  Evidently it saves about 25% on C172 maintenance and about 50% on C182 maintenance.  One good thing is that the AF pays for fuel to fly the plane to whoever got the contract for routine maintenance. 

Actually, the uniform voting portion was probably only about 45 minutes total of the time today.  They did vote down a few things. 

DNall

Quote from: RiverAux on March 04, 2007, 04:51:55 AM
Consoldated aircraft maintenance (which I don't know much about) has saved over $400,000 so far and its not used in but a handful of spots.  Evidently it saves about 25% on C172 maintenance and about 50% on C182 maintenance.  One good thing is that the AF pays for fuel to fly the plane to whoever got the contract for routine maintenance. 
It actually cost more money & debatablly more down time. Obviously it costs more to move a plane to the maint than to do it locally, not so mch in the AF where you are talking about stationing the resources next to each other & providing replacements for remote units. What this program actually does is shift the travel cost to the AF & only account for the savings in actual maint costs. That in turn leads congress to believe they are spending less on CAP than they are, and accounts for the spending for that travel as an AFAM just as if it had been SaR. It's misleading is what it is, but it gives Wgs better control over their fleets & that increases accountability. I'm not saying it's bad, just don';t read anything into the numbers.

ZigZag911

Quote from: SKYKING607 on March 04, 2007, 01:05:25 AM

Those were the days!

You said it!!!