March 07 National Board Meeting Live Web Stream

Started by MIKE, March 02, 2007, 03:29:48 PM

RiverAux

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on March 03, 2007, 09:10:14 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 08:37:59 PM
Whoo.. came close to everybody having to wear orange baseball hats with BDUs....

You speak of this as if calamity was averted  :)
Exactly.

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 09:09:48 PM
Of course the historian spent most of his time talking about what CAP did in WWII and issues associated with that.  Guess we haven't done much since 

Evidently looking at having a national Civil Air Patrol monument/memorial.  Pentagon-shaped glass and steel dedicated to line-of-duty deaths.  Its nice to see that they're going to recognize everyone, and not just WWII deaths.  

Come on...we spend a lot of time talking about the American Revolution, Civil War and WWII, would you apply the same logic?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RiverAux

Not saying it wasn't important, but we've had 60 years of history since then.  Who is out there making sure that CAP's accomplishments in the 1970s are remembered through documents or photos?

arajca

The region and wing commanders ponied up the money for the monument. SER put up $1000.00. The rest put up $100.00 ea, starting with TP.

RiverAux

Looks like safety has gotten better than last year.  Huge drop in aircraft incidents, injuries, and significant drop in vehicle mishaps.  

Major Carrales

Near Space?  Curious...I think this is cool.  Project Mogul stuff!!!

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Mustang

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 08:59:14 PM
Talk about a summer uniform with a tuck-in shirt.  Not discussed in detail.  Not sure what that is. 

Guayaberas for everyone! Montgomery, AL to be renamed Little Havana! Viva la revolucion!
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

RiverAux

Mustang

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 04:19:46 PM
Okay, after the guy from Ghana finished talking, he gave MG Pineda a traditional warriors outfit which he put on over his TPU.  Everyone laughed a bit and he said,
"You laugh...another uniform change coming later".

Also heard him joking earlier about Vanguard being in the lobby with "fashion by Tony" to sell.

So, he has got a sense of humor about the TPU issue.

Problem is, it isn't funny. Not even a little.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

DNall

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 09:45:58 PM
You don't tuck those in...
What do you wanna bet it's golf shirt on top, BBDU on bottom?

NEBoom

Quote from: DNall on March 03, 2007, 10:00:29 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 09:45:58 PM
You don't tuck those in...
What do you wanna bet it's golf shirt on top, BBDU on bottom?

They said it was a "fatigue-type uniform" so we'll have to wait and see.
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

RiverAux

Why in the world do we need another one?  Isn't two enough?

baronet68

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 03, 2007, 09:37:22 PM

That project looks like something that totally rocks!  http://www.capnspace.org/

Now, I just need to figure out how to do that where I live.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP

Major Carrales

Quote from: baronet68 on March 03, 2007, 10:46:17 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on March 03, 2007, 09:37:22 PM

That project looks like something that totally rocks!  http://www.capnspace.org/

Now, I just need to figure out how to do that where I live.

I want in on that.  Imagine that...launching a ballon and having a UDF team a part of it to locate it.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 10:08:22 PM
Why in the world do we need another one?  Isn't two enough?

Never!  We always have room for more uniforms, right?   ::)

MIKE

Why are we as an organization so preoccupied with uniforms?  It would be interesting to see numbers of uniform items that were proposed/passed over the years versus some of the other stuff.  We could be updating some of the other existing publications that have been unchanged for years... Or creating some that we really need but haven't got... but instead we'll be adding more change letters to CAPM 39-1 for more ugly badges.

I like uniforms as much as the next guy... but at some point you just gotta say enough.
Mike Johnston

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 08:51:33 PM
Cadet CAC members that become seniors get to keep wearing the CAC ribbon when they turn senior.  Effective retroactively.  Senior advisors won't get a CAC ribbon.  

Heh... guess I fall under that category! Was wing rep (red deodorant string - ahem, shoulder cord) to the old Florida Wing Group 15 WIWAC, and am currently Texas Wing CAC senior advisor.

More blingage fit for a Mexican general...  And I just spent some moolah on Ultrathins! ;D (Read: it can wait.)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JC004

Quote from: MIKE on March 03, 2007, 11:11:45 PM
Why are we as an organization so preoccupied with uniforms?

Because it's easier than critical thinking about real changes to training, organization, and the like.   :(

A.Member

Holy smokes!  I didn't listen today and that's probably a good thing or I would've likely busted my laptop.   All these significant changes without broader feedback from the membership and virtually no discussion are appalling.   

If this meeting had happened 4 months earlier, they would have at least one less member today.  Too much b.s. at too many levels.  The organization doesn't have a focus and it's priorities are very screwed up. Yet, it's full speed forward.  As someone commented on earlier, half the people there don't seem to have a clue as to what is going on.  It's really unfortunate.  I'm disappointed and upset.   >:(
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

RiverAux

Well, their grasp of Robert Rules of Order leaves a lot to be desired.  To be fair, I was watching and part of the time I wasn't entirely sure what they were voting on.

I tell you, that US Civil Air Patrol thing is almost enough to make me WANT to be a Wing Commander just so I could speak and vote against stuff like that.