Thank you for returning my "lost" personnel file

Started by Robert Hartigan, January 09, 2013, 05:40:55 PM

Robert Hartigan

A big thank you goes out to someone! :clap: My old personnel file from the 1990's showed up in my milk chute a few days ago. No note, no email, no phone call.

It has seen the bottom of a few puddles. :'( There is a Commander's Commendation from Colonel Bud Payton that I did not know I had and a few more trinkets that are no longer worthy of framing.

Anyway, I hope whoever dropped it off reads this forum. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. 
<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

RogueLeader

It wasn't me, but that is a nice surprise, isn't it?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

TarRiverRat

Wish someone would find my old file.  My CO had a duplicate that he was working on back when I was CO but was not completed.  Using that to build my current file.  Eservices had a few things but a lot of information is just not there.  I lost my personal copy in a huricane back 2 years ago.  I had been out of CAP since 2000 and just got back.  Waiting to see if I will be reinstated as Captain or will have to go through the rank structure again.  My old ribbons and badges would look funny on a SM or 2nd Lt. 
Tar River Composite Squadron "River Rats" NC-057

Luis R. Ramos

Tar

Then laugh at me. See my signature? At this time I am 1st Lieutenant. I got awarded recently another award. I LAO Hd also had GTM and GTL, so although expired, I still wear my GTL badge. Happens when you interrupt your service. After February I will be eligible for Captain...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Майор Хаткевич

All of mine (except for a test) were due to cadet grade/achievement.

TarRiverRat

On eservices my Level 2 shows 1998 but my Level 1 shows 2012.  When I left, I had everything ready to be a Major.  I left because of internal squabiling in the squadron and politics at Wing.  I got burned out after taking on the COs job and having my deputy commander of seniors stab me repeatedly in the back.  Started recently missing doing something other than working at the PD all the time so I came back.  Was USCG Aux and was a staff officer in the flotilla.  They just wanted to be a yacht club and play Coast Guard.  Became a bunch of old men bickering all the time.  I was driving 1.5 hours there and and the same back.  It got to be too much. Not all flotillas are that way.  We still did some good.
Tar River Composite Squadron "River Rats" NC-057

Stonewall

My old file is part of my current file, but I have photocopies of ALL OF IT.

I love looking through it and seeing signatures from the 80s for things like promotions, old ROP cards, and encampment certificates that are 25 years old.
Serving since 1987.