Online Communications Training

Started by arajca, December 21, 2012, 08:53:50 PM

arajca

National has released three more Communications Training Modules. They are T-4A Basic ALE User Training, T-10 Station Authorization, and T-11 Intra Squad Radio. each has a power point to review followed by a 8 (T-10) or 10 (T-4A, T-11) quiz. There is no practical component to these modules at this time, although T-4A has a guide for a practical evaluation.

At this time, all these modules are OPTIONAL. There are no current requirements to take them.

Personal recommendations:
If you are involved in CAP communications, take all three.
If your unit has an HF/ALE radio assigned, including installed in a vehicle, take T-4A.
If you use ISR radios, take T-11.
If you have a CAP radio issued, or plan to get one issued, take T-10.

Luis R. Ramos

Probably by the time you read this I will have it figured, but where do I get to them?

LMS or Operations?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

arajca

Brad

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

PHall

I took the ISR module.  I think I'm going to use those Power Point slides at Pre-Encampment next year so I don't have to unlock radios all of the time!

Brad

Quote from: PHall on December 22, 2012, 12:45:54 AM
I took the ISR module.  I think I'm going to use those Power Point slides at Pre-Encampment next year so I don't have to unlock radios all of the time!

Agreed. I did learn something new though about the PTT toggle vs PTT momentary. I only knew of one radio that had been placed in that mode that we regularly used so we always thought it was just a defective radio.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN