Main Menu

SM membership

Started by usafcap1, September 23, 2012, 06:23:12 AM

usafcap1

I recently crossed over to the dark side 3 to 4 weeks ago. And found out that my SM membership is still pending. And I'm wondering why its been almost a full month. How long does it normally take?
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

SarDragon

If you're sure the F12 has actually been submitted, it usually only takes two weeks or less. Check with your Personnel Officer.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MSG Mac

Go into E Services and check the New Member or the Membership Report.  Both update automatically when the membership is posted. BTW Seniors are the "enlightened side"
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: usafcap1 on September 23, 2012, 06:23:12 AM
I recently crossed over to the dark side 3 to 4 weeks ago. And found out that my SM membership is still pending. And I'm wondering why its been almost a full month. How long does it normally take?

Lots of reasons:   CAP HQ could be backed up with processing.  FBI could be backed up with processing.  Your finger print card may not be correct and they are sending a letter back to you to get it done over.    The FBI data base may have spit out some derogatory information on your name (but not really you) and CAP HQ is drafting up the letter back to you, etc, etc, etc.

Also are you sure your squadron sent in the application in a timely manner?

RM         

Luis R. Ramos

All-

Recently we sent a cadet application to National. It took some time but we got it back because it was missing a signature.

The National HQ date stamps were: received 4 Sept. Mailed back 11 Sept. Reached us 20 Sept.

I mailed it the second or third week of August.

National HQ told our PDO "we are backlogged about three weeks."

Add to that backlog the miriad reasons stated on another post.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

ßτε

Quote from: usafcap1 on September 23, 2012, 06:23:12 AM
Does it show you as a SM but indicates Pending? If so, that means there was a problem with your fingerprint card; you will probably need to resubmit.

If it still shows you as a cadet, that probably means there was a problem with your CAPF 12, like missing a signature.

Either way, NHQ generally mails the form back for you to get fixed.

SarDragon

BTW, the form usually gets returned to the unit, not the member.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

usafcap1

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WHEN THROUGH I'M A SM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Al Sayre

So where's the donuts newbie?  >:D

Congrats!
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

usafcap1

Quote from: Al Sayre on September 24, 2012, 05:03:10 PM

Congrats!

I brought them in last week.  :P

(Cadet 2008-2012)

EMT-83

Quote from: usafcap1 on September 24, 2012, 05:02:08 PM
WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WHEN THROUGH I'M A SM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life, as you know it, is over.

MSG Mac

Quote from: usafcap1 on September 24, 2012, 05:24:46 PM
Quote from: Al Sayre on September 24, 2012, 05:03:10 PM

Congrats!

I brought them in last week.  :P

But that was last week. Where are this weeks?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: usafcap1 on September 24, 2012, 05:02:08 PM

And at the next meeting you will find out that little has changed for you.