Main Menu

SLS Help

Started by Nolan Teel, September 17, 2012, 07:55:47 PM

Nolan Teel

Hey everyone!  I'll be running an SLS in a few weeks in Montana and had two simple questions.

1. Does anyone have a template for the SLS Certificates for Word to fill in Date and name?
2.  Does anyone have the movie clips on one single DVD? or something else that's easier then using the full Movie DVD?

Thanks for help!

Eclipse

I have the presentations slip-streamed with the videos. You just go in and change the presenter names and
"Bob's your uncle".

"That Others May Zoom"

spacecommand

I find that the templates don't always match my particular printer's settings, so what I tend to do is scan a copy of the blank certificate, go into photoshop (or other image editing software), line up the name and type it, erase everything else (since you don't want to re-print the scanned items onto a already printed certificate), and do a test print on a blank piece of paper, hold the piece of paper over the certificate to see if the name lines up where it's supposed to be, re-align as necessary on blank paper until you get it right.

Here are the video clips used for online SLS:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0E01FCB8EC393007&feature=plcp

You can download youtube videos with any number of software including keepvid.com

EMT-83

I got the videos from Eclipse a couple of years ago – thanks again.

As to the certificate template, I have it in Excel. It's a heck of a lot easier to resize column height and width than using Word; took all of five minutes to get it right.

Also, the current SLS, CLC and UCC certificates all share the same spacing – finally. Figure it out once and you're done.

RogueLeader

For the certificates, I just take a ruler and measure to the center of where I want the name to be, and use Word, change the format to Landscape, use the center function and adjust as needed.  takes 2-3 tries and about 3-5 min.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

GroundHawg

Quote from: Nolan Teel on September 17, 2012, 07:55:47 PM
Hey everyone!  I'll be running an SLS in a few weeks in Montana and had two simple questions.

1. Does anyone have a template for the SLS Certificates for Word to fill in Date and name?
2.  Does anyone have the movie clips on one single DVD? or something else that's easier then using the full Movie DVD?

Thanks for help!

I tried to get into your course, but couldnt get a sitter. Booo! Im now trying to find one online. If someone offered SLS in the middle of the week I would be good to go.