Proper (Appropriate) Uniform for Senior Member Honor Guard

Started by BSU Commander, September 10, 2012, 12:34:46 AM

The Infamous Meerkat

Niiiiiiiice... That picture is from my unit. I'll make sure to let the Chief know he is jacked up.  >:D 
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC

BillB

Doesn't Vanguard still list the CAP non-officer service hat emblem? It's the eagle in a ring same more or less the as USAF enlisted
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

NIN

Quote from: The Infamous Meerkat on May 29, 2013, 10:48:29 AM
Niiiiiiiice... That picture is from my unit. I'll make sure to let the Chief know he is jacked up.  >:D

I dunno if I'd used the term "jacked up."

Just, you know, there might be an alternative. :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on May 29, 2013, 04:10:50 AM
The senior member honor guard uniform comes complete with a 32in waist.  It can be purchased at Vanguard. >:D

I knew I was missing something for those last 2 inches.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Honor Guardsman

Quote from: ol'fido on May 27, 2013, 11:45:03 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 27, 2013, 10:54:35 PM
Wow - good catch.

There's no senior member NCO device for the wheel cap, all seniors wear the same one.

He should lose the cord, too, unless it's some USAF thing he's approved to wear through that channel, and
even then I'd be surprised if it's approved for CAP.
I actually have a SMNCO cap device in my collection.

quite early in the feed... but yes in the AF the base honor guard to what ever base he is at, wear shoulder cords. So he does not have to "lose the cord".

Eclipse

Quote from: Honor Guardsman on June 12, 2013, 09:22:11 PMquite early in the feed... but yes in the AF the base honor guard to what ever base he is at, wear shoulder cords. So he does not have to "lose the cord".

Is it approved for wear by senior members in CAP?

"That Others May Zoom"

BuckeyeDEJ

An aside: Don't AF honor guard members wear white shirts?

And while Vanguard doesn't seem to have the CAP enlisted service cap devices, there's no telling but they might have some handy. Or they could make some fairly quick....

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Honor Guardsman

Quote from: Eclipse on June 12, 2013, 11:23:51 PM
Quote from: Honor Guardsman on June 12, 2013, 09:22:11 PMquite early in the feed... but yes in the AF the base honor guard to what ever base he is at, wear shoulder cords. So he does not have to "lose the cord".

Is it approved for wear by senior members in CAP?

No. As it states in some weird place that I have read a million times in 39-1, seniors wearing CAP distinctive uniforms do not wear should cords... Although there is an exception to this, AF honor guard members; Because he is also wearing his military occupational uniform this allows him to do so. Don't hold me to it, but I would guess to because he is the SM NCOIC I would think he would wear one? (I could be wrong though) Plus while rendering full respect to the flag 39-1 is very grey on the matter. While that should never be used as an excuse for any member, some things are minute regulations that are years old that only a select few know.  :)

Eclipse

^ Shoulder cords are not authorized for senior members.  They are only allowed for wear by cadets.
This area is not gray.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Honor Guardsman on June 12, 2013, 11:47:45 PM
Because he is also wearing his military occupational uniform this allows him to do so.

NO! He is not.  He is wearing a CAP uniform, not his AF uniform.  Notice the CAP cutouts, in place of the Circle U.S.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

I just checked out his ribbons, and they look strange. How many ribbons does the AF and AFR have that rank below the NDSM? It looks like he has 22 ribbons of a lower precedence. The NDSM appears to be in the third row, with a device.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MHC5096

The 5th row up has an Air Force Small Arms Expert Ribbon, an Air Force Training Ribbon and what appears to be a NATO Non-Article 5 Medal for service in Afghanistan. Since he's wearing an Air National Guard Recruiter's Badge, I'm guessing the rest are state level awards.
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

MIKE

I was going to say that they are likely state awards... in which case they should not be worn on the Air Force style CAP uniform... and since he his wearing CAP cutouts and the cadet service cap device on his service cap he is not in his ANG uniform.
Mike Johnston