Hurricane Isaac

Started by Eclipse, August 27, 2012, 10:37:52 PM

Garibaldi

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on August 30, 2012, 06:53:34 PM
The Ind is picking up quite a Nkrumah. Were supposed to start getting rain at about 1500.

Ingrish preeze?  >:D
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

jimmydeanno

Hurricane has essentially passed us.  We had thunderstorms this year that were more significant.  At my house it was a nice drizzle that saturated the lawn evenly.  It's now a lush green and the air is a lovely 78 degrees.  It's still overcast, but the wind is gone and the rain has stopped.  I'm a bit upset because I have to sweep some leaves off my patio.

Further south, they have flooding, power outages, and no cable.  Still nothing on what to expect for activation or response from CAP.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 30, 2012, 07:33:03 PMFurther south, they have flooding, power outages, and no cable.  Still nothing on what to expect for activation or response from CAP.

That thing is just sitting there dumping buckets of rain and threatening the Lake Tangipahoa dam.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

And o it begins in crossroads Arkansas. You can see the clouds are still rotating.  And the wind is getting rougher by the minute and coming from south, west, east, and everything between. The rain is particulate. And the trees are bending. Looks like fun. I've been through a few tornadoes, but am yet to deal with a tropical storm... First time for everything. Should be interesting.

manfredvonrichthofen

Well it piddle farted out pretty fast here, but Little Rock is still getting the eastern side of the storm right now. Let's hope the casualty toll stays down for the whole storm.

Eclipse

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on August 31, 2012, 02:01:19 AM
Well it piddle farted out pretty fast here, but Little Rock is still getting the eastern side of the storm right now. Let's hope the casualty toll stays down for the whole storm.

Based on the radar, it looks like the heaviest part of the storm itself is still coming your way.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Eclipse on August 31, 2012, 04:03:04 AM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on August 31, 2012, 02:01:19 AM

Based on the radar, it looks like the heaviest part of the storm itself is still coming your way.
Yes, still headed towards Arkansas, but not towards me. Ghetto majority of it will miss us, but will give the Little Rock area a good beating.

The biggest thing is to pray that the death toll goes no higher than 3, and to keep them and their families in our prayers.

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Isaac's now playing up my way, rain coming, tornado warnings going off midstate, kiboshed a full-state exercise.

Weirdest thing is the radar - the storm is rotating the opposite way from the way weather usually flows around Lake Michigan,
and it appears to now be fighting with that air flow, kid of building up on the SW tip of the Lake.

The models show that it's supposed to turn hard right and go over Northern Indiana and the head East.

"That Others May Zoom"