Squadron Level SAREX

Started by rjfoxx, August 25, 2012, 02:08:06 AM

rjfoxx

If this is a dumb question; I apologize in advance. :-\  Can a squadron level SAREX (ground only) get a mission number?  If yes, how is it obtained?
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

Eclipse

Yes.  In fact most wings encourage it.  With the number comes funding and insurance.

"That Others May Zoom"

rjfoxx

Thanks, I knew that you would have the answer.
IG Inspector - DEWG

Garibaldi

Quote from: rjfoxx on August 25, 2012, 02:08:06 AM
If this is a dumb question; I apologize in advance. :-\  Can a squadron level SAREX (ground only) get a mission number?  If yes, how is it obtained?

You can ask your unit CC to ask the Wing ES officer for a training mission number. As long as there's fundage, you can use your corporate assets like airplanes and vans. Don't forget to enter all your sorties and fuel receipts in WMIRS.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

JeffDG

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 25, 2012, 02:22:19 AM
Quote from: rjfoxx on August 25, 2012, 02:08:06 AM

You can ask your unit CC to ask the Wing ES officer for a training mission number. As long as there's fundage, you can use your corporate assets like airplanes and vans. Don't forget to enter all your sorties and fuel receipts in WMIRS.
Even without "fundage", you can get a zero-budget mission number in WMIRS...mission number and everything, you get the insurance.

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on August 25, 2012, 02:38:30 AMEven without "fundage", you can get a zero-budget mission number in WMIRS...mission number and everything, you get the insurance.

Yes - the increasing preference from CAP-USAF is everything on an A or B, even if there's no gas money, you still get the FECA protection if you hurt yourself.

"That Others May Zoom"

GroundHawg

Quote from: Eclipse on August 25, 2012, 02:44:52 AM
Quote from: JeffDG on August 25, 2012, 02:38:30 AMEven without "fundage", you can get a zero-budget mission number in WMIRS...mission number and everything, you get the insurance.

Yes - the increasing preference from CAP-USAF is everything on an A or B, even if there's no gas money, you still get the FECA protection if you hurt yourself.

We do a squadron level SAREX in the Spring and Fall, we get a mission number for two reasons, one is the insurance, and two is that it makes signing off sqtrs alot easier (and legitimate) if you have a mission number. I know that it is not needed either way, but it is nice to have on both accounts.

rjfoxx

Thanks for all of the replys; and I'll ask one more question.  At a squadron level SAREX is an IC, etc required?
IG Inspector - DEWG

jeders

Quote from: rjfoxx on August 27, 2012, 01:58:51 PM
Thanks for all of the replys; and I'll ask one more question.  At a squadron level SAREX is an IC, etc required?

It depends on how your wing does things. Some are happy if, assuming you're only doing ground stuff, you have a GBD. Others want a fully qualified IC for everything, in which case you will likely have to reach out and find one. Don't let that stop you, just ask around and find the people you need who are willing to come and help.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse