Main Menu

IMU is finally dead

Started by Robborsari, August 20, 2012, 12:32:07 AM

Robborsari

Long live IMS! :)

New announcement on the E-Services site.

"[A] steering committee has been established to develop a plan for integrating IMU functionality with WMIRS. The new system is provisionally called the IMS, or Incident Management System."

"Once the new interface is completed, the IMU will be available directly from the CAP NHQ website. It will continue to be available until the new IMS system is completed."

"As soon as information is available on the timing for IMS we will share this with the field. We appreciate everyone's patience while we implement this transition.
Johnny Dean
Director of Operations"

Lt Col Rob Borsari<br  / Wing DO
SER-TN-087

lordmonar

So it is not dead......just fixed.  8)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Spaceman3750

Does this mean they're going to fix those "emergency file maintenance" issues and stop bugging me every time I log in? :angel:

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 20, 2012, 01:37:54 AMDoes this mean they're going to fix those "emergency file maintenance" issues and stop bugging me every time I log in? :angel:
It lays a cookie, if you clear cookies, you'll get bugged again. Or are logging in from a different place each time? ... or on a public machine, or  .. one that has Deep Freeze installed?

Lot's of or's.. but it shouldn't be hassling you every time otherwise.

JeffDG

Quote from: a2capt on August 20, 2012, 03:52:00 AM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 20, 2012, 01:37:54 AMDoes this mean they're going to fix those "emergency file maintenance" issues and stop bugging me every time I log in? :angel:
It lays a cookie, if you clear cookies, you'll get bugged again. Or are logging in from a different place each time? ... or on a public machine, or  .. one that has Deep Freeze installed?

Lot's of or's.. but it shouldn't be hassling you every time otherwise.
Still does with me...every login gives me the nag box.

jeders

If ICUT is any indication of how this IMS is going to be developed, then we're going to have a patched version of IMU for many years to come.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Startrekern

I got the chance to work with IMU today at an MRX in TNWG Group 2. I was actually very impressed with the positive changes and bugfixes I saw in relation to the last version I worked with.

We tried out a new feature in which you can turn a regular, singular incident (one customer) into an incident complex without having to input all the data, sign everyone in again, etc. -- for example, if you receive a new simultaneous mission from the same, or a different customer. Helps keeping finance/admin on track, and what sortie goes where.

It's moving in the right direction.

Eclipse

Quote from: Startrekern on October 07, 2012, 06:50:28 AMIt's moving in the right direction.

It's not moving anywhere, it's a dead platform.

NHQ has officially announced that it will be replaced by a WMIRS-integrated mission system.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on October 07, 2012, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: Startrekern on October 07, 2012, 06:50:28 AMIt's moving in the right direction.

NHQ has officially announced that it will be replaced by a WMIRS-integrated mission system.
Yes, it will be rebranded as IMS and continue development.

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on October 07, 2012, 05:40:24 PM

An integrated system is not going to be the IMU - they've already said it will be a top-done redo.

"That Others May Zoom"

Startrekern

Actually, to my knowledge, Jeff is correct. At TNWG Conference last week they talked about this subject, and how NHQ had finally agreed to fully integrate IMU with WMIRS so that we don't have to work directly with WMIRS anymore.

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on October 07, 2012, 06:03:51 PM

An integrated system is not going to be the IMU - they've already said it will be a top-done redo.
In several years, maybe.  In fact, I know that NHQ folks that have looked at what IMU does have said that it will take them several years to be able to build it themselves.

In the interim, IMU is still active and being modified and improved on a continual basis.  Now that the developers don't have to spend all their time messing with NHQ changing WMIRS for the sole purpose of breaking IMU, they have time to improve the product.

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on October 07, 2012, 06:03:51 PM

I am right said Eclipse to no one who cared.

a)  Where was that said?
b)  Does it reall matter to the OP's point?
c)  Press on and see what the OP thinks about the changes they made.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

It was on the RSS a month or so ago.

"That Others May Zoom"

Robborsari

I am the OP :)

IMU will be around for a while.  IMS is not replacing IMU all at once.  We will rewrite IMU from the inside with modules from NHQ.  I am not sure how long the process will take.  Hopefully we will be getting the first module soon.  That is the one that controls the WMIRS interaction.  Don't expect too much change right off the bat.  The system whatever it is called will will be the code we have now for some time. 
Lt Col Rob Borsari<br  / Wing DO
SER-TN-087