authorization of hawk mountain ranger tapes and NBB beret

Started by Frank Skovran, August 04, 2012, 03:06:34 AM

Frank Skovran

i know there has been tons of controversy about the authorization of the hawk mountain ranger tapes and the blue beret. Im sure many of you know this but for those of you who dont, 39-1 was changed in march authorizing the wear of the ranger grade tapes along with the blue beret if it was earned. As for the hawk scarves,shirts and orange covers, i dont believe those are allowed for wear.

Frank Skovran, C/A1C, CAP
NER-NJ-067
Bayshore Composite Squadron

Garibaldi

Quote from: Frank Skovran on August 04, 2012, 03:06:34 AM
i know there has been tons of controversy about the authorization of the hawk mountain ranger tapes and the blue beret. Im sure many of you know this but for those of you who dont, 39-1 was changed in march authorizing the wear of the ranger grade tapes along with the blue beret if it was earned. As for the hawk scarves,shirts and orange covers, i dont believe those are allowed for wear.

NER-NJ-067

Already covered in another topic.

Welcome aboard.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

AngelWings

Quote from: Frank Skovran on August 04, 2012, 03:06:34 AM

NER-NJ-067
Welcome to CAPTalk. This topic has been beaten to death, back alive, back to death, back alive, and then shot to death again. The search button will save you from posts like these.

The things you don't believe are authorized are not. What you said is, however, is per the recent ICL.

Frank Skovran

ugh i feel dumb now but i needed to get it out because i thought ive seen too many arguements. And thank you for the welcome!

AngelWings

Quote from: Frank Skovran on August 04, 2012, 03:10:39 AM
ugh i feel dumb now but i needed to get it out because i thought ive seen too many arguements. And thank you for the welcome!
Don't worry about it  :)

Walkman

Welcome to CAPTalk!

You'll find that there are a couple of "hot button" topics that seem to keep coming to the surface and tend to be wrought with strong opinions. HMRS and uniforms in general are among the most controversial. I'd say that you'll find great mentoring, wise council and a wealth of information here if you can avoid getting yourself caught up in the heat of some of the topics. The search feature is a great resource for those times when it's not convenient to contact someone in your chain of command and you have a question on something. I've found that many times, late at night, when I've had an idea or question about CAP, a quick search here has found some great info to start figuring things out.

Semper Vi!

Eclipse

Quote from: Frank Skovran on August 04, 2012, 03:06:34 AM39-1 was changed in march authorizing the wear of the

For the sake of clarification, CAPM 39-1 was not "updated in March".  It has not be updated since 2005.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: Walkman on August 04, 2012, 07:23:01 PM
Welcome to CAPTalk!

You'll find that there are a couple of "hot button" topics that seem to keep coming to the surface and tend to be wrought with strong opinions. HMRS and uniforms in general are among the most controversial. I'd say that you'll find great mentoring, wise council and a wealth of information here if you can avoid getting yourself caught up in the heat of some of the topics. The search feature is a great resource for those times when it's not convenient to contact someone in your chain of command and you have a question on something. I've found that many times, late at night, when I've had an idea or question about CAP, a quick search here has found some great info to start figuring things out.

Semper Vi!

So...when are we getting ABUs?

AngelWings

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 04, 2012, 07:43:15 PM
Welcome to CAPTalk!

Semper Vi!

Can I haz the tigerstripe flightsuit and drive in a tigerstripe humvee!?!

jeders

Quote from: AngelWings on August 04, 2012, 07:46:26 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on August 04, 2012, 07:43:15 PM
Welcome to CAPTalk!

Semper Vi!

Can I haz the tigerstripe flightsuit and drive in a tigerstripe humvee!?!

I would like the one with the pockets for the tools.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

SarDragon

A Humvee with pockets for tools? How innovative! Do the tools come in tigerstripe, too?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Garibaldi

Quote from: SarDragon on August 04, 2012, 08:34:04 PM
A Humvee with pockets for tools? How innovative! Do the tools come in tigerstripe, too?

I will not buy this Humvee. It is full of eels.

Frank Skovran

if updating isnt the correct term than what would be a better way to put it?

AngelWings

Quote from: Frank Skovran on August 04, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
It's called an Interim Letter Change (ICL). 39-1 is updated in ICL's right now. It needs to be rewritten.

Frank Skovran

thank you for that. Im still an airman so i have lots to learn.

Eclipse

Quote from: AngelWings on August 04, 2012, 10:25:38 PM
Quote from: Frank Skovran on August 04, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
It's called an Interim Letter Change (ICL). 39-1 is updated in ICL's right now. It needs to be rewritten.

Which is one of the reasons the issue continues to be contentious.

"That Others May Zoom"

Critical AOA

I propose that we make our uniforms out of horse hide.  We sure do beat enough of them to death.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Walkman

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 04, 2012, 10:52:42 PM
I propose that we make our uniforms out of horse hide.  We sure do beat enough of them to death.

Well played, sir!

Critical AOA

Quote from: Walkman on August 04, 2012, 10:57:14 PM
Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 04, 2012, 10:52:42 PM

Well played, sir!

Glad you liked it.   8)
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Frank Skovran

so is that a bad thing that im an airman and havent learned certain things yet?