Cadet Blue BDU uniform

Started by CAP lover, July 16, 2012, 05:14:15 AM

CAP lover

Is the Blue BDU uniform authorized for Cadet wear?
Cause I was talking with one of my wings Senior's and they said it's not :'(. Is there anybody that knows for sure?

Abby.L

Check the regs.

39-1, page 73:
"Cadet members are authorized to wear the CAP utility uniform, field uniform, and blazer combinations as desired."

The BBDU is called(In 39-1) the "Field Uniform."

So, yes. Cadets are authorized to wear the BBDUs, and it is required of cadets 18+ who do not fit within H+W standards. It's worn the same as the BDUs worn by other cadets, except when it comes to the Cadet Officer insignia on the cover. On BDUs, it must be embroidered, but may be embroidered or metal on the BBDU cap, if the cap is worn at all.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

arajca

One point:
Although seniors are not required to meet grooming standards with the field uniform, cadet are required to met grooming standards. So no ponytails or beards for male cadets. Female cadets must wear their hair the same as with the bdu.

Abby.L

Quote from: arajca on July 16, 2012, 12:54:59 PM
One point:
Although seniors are not required to meet grooming standards with the field uniform, cadet are required to met grooming standards. So no ponytails or beards for male cadets. Female cadets must wear their hair the same as with the bdu.
Very valid point, sir. I almost forgot about that!  ;D
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013