New File: CAP Health Services: The Future by Col (Dr) Sergio Seoane

Started by RNOfficer, July 07, 2012, 09:29:23 PM

sarmed1

First, it amazes me that any other post on "health services"  is a mega thread within hours of posting....yet not a post in almost 2 weeks.
I get that its civil AIR patrol; but it seem like most of the "future" of CAP health services seems geared toward the flying community.  Given some of the talking points are applicable accross the board (obesity, diet, hydraton etc) But, out of the 60000+ members, how many of those would aerospace specific medicine really effect? (ie are flyers as a primary duty/function) vs the rest of the membership; cadets, and non flying ES personnel.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Al Sayre

It seems like they missed a good topic: Geriatric Aeromedical studies.  I'd be willing to bet that CAP has a fairly significant cohort of pilots at or above retirement age...

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

I think most of us were just being polite.

There's nothing in the presentation that hasn't been on the table for a decade in one form or another.

"That Others May Zoom"

Lordchalvey

I agree with Eclipse.  Nothing new here.  Being new to the forum, yet a member since '89, I am disappointed that it has taken such a long time to establish the HS program.  The last word out was posted about 2 years ago.  It was then stated that they were close to rolling this thing out.  Hmmmm.

C. Johnson, DHL, MAHS, LNHA, C-NE
Certified Nurse Executive