Main Menu

Source for exam gloves?

Started by Eclipse, July 02, 2012, 01:03:06 AM

Eclipse

These can be relatively expensive at the local big-box.  I'm seeing them for about $10 per 100 (shipped) on eBay.

Anyone have a better source?

"That Others May Zoom"

bflynn

Check the pharmacy.  I'm pretty sure I've seen them in the 10 cent range/glove there. 

Or generally, a medical supply company if you can find one that is open to the public.

a2capt

Heh, I needed some extra for encampment, went into Long's and they were in the neighborhood of $12 for 40 pairs. In a "WTH!?!?" moment, I'm like, "These don't cost this much on the mainland, what the heck is this crud? ..and you get 100 sets in a box!" ..and I'm thinking, yeah, CVS is trying to bury Long's with Stupidity. Whatever.

So I end up saying screwit to myself and go out and over to Walgreens, and find them in a box of 120 sets for $15.99 .. grumble grumble .. whatever. Okay, fine. Then I look up for more boxes and see some with giant orange starburst stickers on them, same house brand. "Special! TWO for ONE"

So, 240 sets for fifty cents more.

Duh.

Buy all five remaining packages of them. Done. Won't need them again for this year, or next. ;-)

That's about the going rate otherwise, what you got there, and you have to not spend any gasoline to get them. :)

Майор Хаткевич

$8/100 of non-powdered gloves at Uline. Have to buy 2 packs minimum however.

SarDragon

What are these going to be used for? I get white nitrile gloves at Home Depot for cheap.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on July 02, 2012, 06:41:24 AM
What are these going to be used for? I get white nitrile gloves at Home Depot for cheap.

Back filling first aid kits, cleanup around the house, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

wuzafuzz

"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

EMT-83

If you're not going to use the gloves for a couple of years, don't buy them in bulk. They will break down just sitting in the box.

I ripped about a dozen gloves the first time this season at the dump station with the RV.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on July 02, 2012, 01:48:16 PM
If you're not going to use the gloves for a couple of years, don't buy them in bulk. They will break down just sitting in the box.

I ripped about a dozen gloves the first time this season at the dump station with the RV.

Yeah, they get all crunchy just sitting, especially in hot trunks, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I'm lucky enough to have a Harbor Freight about 5 miles away. I'll have to check these out. The ones from HD are marginal in quality sometimes.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

LOL.. Trust me.. Harbor Freight isn't going to be any better ;-)

If it's rubber and doesn't have a funny smell .. it's not Harbor Freight. ;-)