Can a cadet see their file?

Started by Extremepredjudice, June 04, 2012, 06:46:41 AM

Major Lord

I had a grandparent ( Guardian of a Cadet) snatch a Form 50 from a Cadet's personnel file when he was left unattended. Part of an episode that ended badly. I don't worry too much about Cadets, but the "little League" parents can be a major PITA! ( FYI, not to be sconfused with PETA, or "People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" of which I am a proud member!)

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

MSG Mac

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 05, 2012, 01:34:43 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on June 04, 2012, 09:53:37 PM
It's as simple as asking your personnel officer.
except when the ONE person with the key doesn't decide to show up.  ::)

I didn't get to see if it was in there.

Your Personnel Officer didn't decide not to show up. She's currently in Seattle for her job and should be back in a few days. She should be at the next meeting. Since last week was a holiday-No meeting, you have only lost a couple of days in your request.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 05, 2012, 04:15:11 PM

Your Personnel Officer didn't decide not to show up. She's currently in Seattle for her job and should be back in a few days. She should be at the next meeting. Since last week was a holiday-No meeting, you have only lost a couple of days in your request.
I am (obviously) not privy to her personal details. I have no problem with people missing meetings. "decided not to show up" is just what I say. Personal jargon, if you will.

I DO, however, have a problem when there is one person with a key. The thing needs to be accessed every meeting, shouldn't several other people have the key so the meeting doesn't grind to a halt?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Bobble

Quote from: PA Guy on June 05, 2012, 05:04:21 AM
Your opinion expressed in #2 is probably best kept to yourself and not on a public forum.  And you wonder why you have problems.  ::)

To the OP, PA Guy is giving you some quality advice right there.  You can express your disdain for the Senior Member staff (and their abilities) at your squadron in a public forum such as this, but you do so at your own risk. If I were the Personnel Officer at your squadron, and got wind of your posting, it might slow your CAP career down to a crawl for a bit as I crossed all the 'I's" and dotted all the "T's", and then fixed what was incorrectly recorded, and then double- and triple-checked the forms for accuracy, and then ...  Hey, just doing my job.  See "malicious compliance".  BTST.

Good luck to you.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

MSG Mac

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 05, 2012, 05:22:25 PM

I am (obviously) not privy to her personal details. I have no problem with people missing meetings. "decided not to show up" is just what I say. Personal jargon, if you will.

I DO, however, have a problem when there is one person with a key. The thing needs to be accessed every meeting, shouldn't several other people have the key so the meeting doesn't grind to a halt?

Yes there definetly should be more than 1 key. When I was there the Personnel Officer and Commander were the key holders. I hope they got Captain M's key when he stepped down.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Extremepredjudice

I have no idea if they did sir. I can only infer the conclusion they didn't because we only have one key.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

RogueLeader

When you use the  ::) you are showing your disdain.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Extremepredjudice

I meant that as rolling my eyes at the fact we only have one key.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

lordmonar

You need your records to run your meeting? 
It is, of course, smart to have multiple keys so other can get access if the personnel officer is not there.

Bottom line.......you do have the right to see your records.  Just be patiant.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP