new learn to lead???

Started by sb1020, April 20, 2012, 05:39:11 PM

sb1020

Hi there, I know for Chief Master Sergeant, you must use the other aerospace book, which I have located online without buying (thankfully). What about the Leadership part? Is that available online? I've seen parts of the new "Learn to Lead", but I don't think they were for CMsgt. Anyone else confused by what chapter you should read for a grade when looking at the new "Learn to Lead"? It's probably just me... I joined before the change.  Thanks for reading and hopefully responding

lordmonar

C/Am Through Mitchel uses the Aerospace modules you don't switch to the new book until you complete your Mitchell.

Once you complete your Mitchel you will switch to Learn to Lead Volumn 3.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

GTCommando

C/Amn through Mitchell Award (C/2d Lt), all of the aerospace tests are out of the Aerospace Dimensions modules. 6 modules, take them in any order, 1 module required for Achievements 2-7 (C/A1C through the first part of Chief, except Wright Brothers), then the Mitchell exam is comprehensive, covering all six modules. Once you get your Mitchell, you test on select chapters of Aerospace: The Journey of Flight.

For the leadership tests, the correct chapter corresponds to the achievement number. For example, if you're testing for Achievement 5 (C/MSgt), then you should be studying chapter 5 of the leadership textbook. Achievement 3, study chapter 3, etc. This goes for all leadership tests except milestone awards, which are comprehensive exams pulled from several chapters studied for previous achievements, i.e. Wright Brothers exam is based on chapters 1-3, Mitchell is based on chapters 1-8, etc.

Hope this helps.
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

Nathan

The first part of C/CMSgt (Goddard) is the same testing procedure as all the other achievements. Use your regular L2L book, an aerospace module, and so forth.

As a C/CMSgt, you will then have to complete another achievement, the Armstrong, which is a speech instead of the usual tests. You still have the 2 months time-in-grade, so your total minimum time as a C/CMSgt will be 4 months. This confuses some people, but this is because there are two achievements you need to pass.

Then you can take your Mitchell, which is still based off of the regular aerospace modules and your old L2L book.

Once you pin on C/2d Lt, you'll move on to the new Aerospace book and L2L manual.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

ßτε

Actually, Achievement 8 now has a Leadership test for those cadets using Learn to Lead (L2L) in addition to the essay/speech requirement. It covers Chapter 8 which is in Vol. 2.