Anyone seen this?

Started by Extremepredjudice, April 14, 2012, 11:47:28 PM

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

EMT-83

... along with the postings for 3 other positions, yes.

a2capt

When is the last time you went on eServices, CAPMembers.com, GoCiivilAirPatrol.com... or probably even got spammed by your Wing, Region or National HQ about it?

RADIOMAN015

Notice on those job descriptions its' to implement...  "their (National) goals & visions".....

As far as the home school crowd, it appears that those teens do very well in CAP overall.   

RM

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: a2capt on April 15, 2012, 12:24:40 AM
When is the last time you went on eServices, CAPMembers.com, GoCiivilAirPatrol.com... or probably even got spammed by your Wing, Region or National HQ about it?
I went on yesterday, but I never got an email from anyone.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

cadetesman

I don't think they need this, honestly. In my opinion, there are PLENTY of homeschoolers in CAP. I mean, at my encampment, myself and 4 others in my tent went to public school; we were in the minority!

I've also noticed the trend across CAP, too.

Reaching out to kids in traditional school should be a greater priority. The only way I found out about CAP was from the USAFA website list of things to do to prepare in high school. And it's mostly word of mouth, too.

peter rabbit

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 15, 2012, 01:04:29 AM

If you really want email about anything/everything, sign up for the RSS feeds. You'll get plenty as there are separate feeds for just about everything.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: peter rabbit on April 15, 2012, 06:31:57 PM

If you really want email about anything/everything, sign up for the RSS feeds. You'll get plenty as there are separate feeds for just about everything.
I don't need another RSS feed...

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

davidsinn

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 15, 2012, 09:47:22 PM
Quote from: peter rabbit on April 15, 2012, 06:31:57 PM

I don't need another RSS feed...
The reason you never got the email is because you are not in a member class that is eligible to apply for the position.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Quote from: cadetesman on April 15, 2012, 02:30:10 AM
I don't think they need this, honestly. In my opinion, there are PLENTY of homeschoolers in CAP. I mean, at my encampment, myself and 4 others in my tent went to public school; we were in the minority!

Reaching out to kids in traditional school should be a greater priority. The only way I found out about CAP was from the USAFA website list of things to do to prepare in high school. And it's mostly word of mouth, too.

You were in a tent?

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on April 15, 2012, 11:15:14 PM
Quote from: cadetesman on April 15, 2012, 02:30:10 AM

You were in a tent?
Yes sir, we were (we both attended the same encampment, not in same tent/flight though). They were junk. falling apart.... Some leaked, and there were holes in the bottom that sand came through.

One side of our tend flipped up in the middle of the night. No fun in winter...

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Eclipse

This was an encampment or a bivouac?  Didn't know any wings had encampments that actually camped any more.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on April 16, 2012, 01:39:37 AM
This was an encampment or a bivouac?  Didn't know any wings had encampments that actually camped any more.
Encampment. We weren't camping though. They were semi-permanent tents set up by FLANG, REDHORSE. They had been there for more than ten years (I think someone said 1990 something)

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Not from my encampment, the year before. Best pictures I could find...

inside the tents:

In the background (right side) you can see the tents.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Eclipse

Neat - more modern than I pictured.  I'd love to have access to a facility like that.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

According to REDHORSE staff, we were the last people to use them.

The one in the picture is the nice one. The others were shredded....

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

titanII

Wait, so you guys slept on cots?
That would mean you missed out on the fun of hospital corners!!!!
No longer active on CAP talk

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: titanII on April 18, 2012, 03:17:43 AM
Wait, so you guys slept on cots?
That would mean you missed out on the fun of hospital corners!!!!
Yeah, we did.

They (at least the ones in our barracks) would snap apart randomly, and they weren't much fun putting back together.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

titanII

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 18, 2012, 03:21:39 AM
Yeah, we did.
They (at least the ones in our barracks) would snap apart randomly, and they weren't much fun putting back together.
But still! No 45 degree hospital corners! No six-inch folds, one foot from the end of the bed! That's like, a key part of the Encampment experience!
No longer active on CAP talk