Anyone also in the Knights of Columbus

Started by Angus, March 27, 2012, 01:11:40 PM

Angus

If there are any members here who are also in the Knights I'd like to talk about some KofC issues Knight to Knight and get some opinions. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

cap235629

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Angus

Ah good so you've been around which is what  I need.  I'm nearing the end of my year as Grand Knight and decided to run again for another year cause there's just stuff I haven't been able to accomplish in one year. Last year coming into it I had thought about going District Deputy after my year. Until recently I thought I'd have to put it off another year as I had been told you couldn't do both.  But last night I was told by a Past State Deputy that guys have done both.  Do you know anyone that's done both and how did it go for them? 

I also forgot to mention that next year I'm going to be the Faithful Captain in my Assembly. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

cap235629

as far as I know you can't do both but I could be wrong.  I know of people serving as DD and being Trustees but that is about it....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

Angus

I had been told you couldn't.  But this was a former State Deputy that said it's been done.  I think for those few and far between second term Grand Knights they might do it.  Plus I think the rules pretaining to GK's and DD's is some whar arbitrary. I know one DD who was never GK, he said he didn't want it.  CAP kept him too busy. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

MSG Mac

My brother did both in Massachusetts PFN, PGK, DD 4 terms
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Extremepredjudice

My grandfather was some high up person in knights of columbus.

He gave me his fancy sword...  >:D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Pylon

Just a plain ol' 3rd degree. No fancy titles.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Angus

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on March 28, 2012, 07:13:42 AM

What's on the Hilt of the Sword?  An egale or Christopher Columbus? 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Major Carrales

I am a 4th Degree Knight, served on the Color Guard for a few functions for the Assembly.  I also severed in several positions a few years back at my 3rd Degree Council.  I need to be more active there, but work and CAP has taken most of my free time.  My Sword has Christopher Columbus on the hilt.  I've been Deputy Grand Knight, but never made it to "the center seat."
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

ol'fido

We had a guy show up one time wearing his KC pin on his blues. ;D

(And, yes, before anyone has a coniption fit, we told him he couldn't wear it)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Flint on March 28, 2012, 04:50:27 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on March 28, 2012, 07:13:42 AM

What's on the Hilt of the Sword?  An egale or Christopher Columbus?
Columbus.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

cap235629

When my Grandfather died I inherited his sword that he received when he took his 4th degree in 1946.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

Major Carrales

I had no idea so many you you were Knights... that is good to know in that I can related those principles that benefit the discussion here.  Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism are not out of place in CAP, in fact, true focus on those points enhance and explain a lot about members of both.  Volunteerism is a form of charitable franchise, with actions and time as opposed to pure financial contributions, Unity and Fraternity promote organizational excellence.  True patriotism includes a RESPECT for insitutions and traditions as well as volunteer service and a since of integrity.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Johnny Yuma

I stuffed my face full of fish and shrimp at a K of C fundraiser Lenten Feast last night, does that count? ;D

Fried catfish, baked pollock, boiled shrimp, tater salad, slaw, hushpuppies and more desserts than you imagine. YUM!
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

brenaud

Might as well up the total by one here.  Not active right now but a member nonetheless.
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699

Brad

I'm not a KofC but I am a Freemason. The other side of the fraternal coin! :) Both are excellent organizations.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Major Carrales

Quote from: Brad on April 07, 2012, 07:24:40 PM
I'm not a KofC but I am a Freemason. The other side of the fraternal coin! :) Both are excellent organizations.

I agree!!!

Commander
SWR-TX-454